|49| The Sofa

(M/M: photo of the living room area in their home)

I think I took care of all the apologies except for my wife. I've been trying, but she's not budging. My comment I made about her not being there for Julia and I, plus me calling her wack, really stung. Its been a week since.

She's spending more time with Julia, even though she's always exhausted. Then it's straight to work and home.

We only talk about Ju when I'm in her presence. The moment I bring us up, she walks away.

I heard the front door open then shut.

Julia was asleep in my arms on the
sofa. We stayed up watching Rugrats. I wanted to put my daughter on to this show for nostalgic reasons. She finally said yes, and she loves it.

I held her tight while getting up to meet my Diri at the front. She watched me enter as she took off her coat.

"Hi." I greeted her, not expecting a response. She placed her coat on the coat rack by the door, then walked over to me. I assumed she was about to get Julia. I couldn't find any other reason why she would want to get close to me.

I took this time to look her over, taking in her appearance. Something about seeing her in that white coat with her name stitched in does something to me. She noticed me eyeing her. "I'll take her."

For a second, I had hopes she would finally talk to me. I handed Julia over. She wrapped her arms securely, then moved around me to head for the stairs.

While cleaning up near the sofa and turning off the tv, I tried thinking of ways to get through to her.

I heard footsteps approaching the bottom step as I was folding the furry brown and white throw cover. I placed the comforter on the back of the chair. Then stood in place waiting to see what her next move would be.

I felt hands sliding around my torso. I quickly put my hands on top of hers, squeezing them.

We stood this way filled with contentment. I was hoping this would last forever.