forty

"Hey Ames! I found these jars that would make good mini terrariums for your house! I bet it'll look great!", Sicheng informed as I walked over to him, closing the door to my room.
"Oh yeah! I saw those too! I bought them since they looked so cute! And it'll be fun customizing them.", I replied, trying to clear my train of thought.

I literally can't stop thinking about that. Something is seriously wrong with me.

"Would you like some pasta?", I asked.
"Woah, pasta? Yeah of course! I'm getting a bit hungry.", he replied, organizing all the decor on the floor.
"Alright, I'll be cooking some."
"I'll help you!", he requested, dashing over to the counter.

"Sure! Could you get the pan for me? Over there.", I asked kindly.
Having Winwin around again was really healing. It gave me this fuzzy, nostalgic feeling, it truly felt like trainee days again.

"Hey Sicheng?", I got his attention while chopping up some mushrooms.
"Yes?"
"I'm glad we can always hang out again. This makes me really happy."
"Me too! I would always cook for you before, but now it's the opposite!", he added joyfully.
"That's true.", I chuckled.

"Where's Hendery, by the way?", I only noticed now, I haven't seen him.
"Oh, he went out for a bit."
"He what?!", I answered, looking back at him in disbelief.
"He did. I could've told you sooner but he probably wouldn't like you knowing.", he explained.
"What do you mean? Where did he go?"

"He said he wouldn't walk far. He could be at the front of the building somewhere.", Winwin informed.

I know it was unnecessary, but I started to panic a little bit. Could it be something I said?

"You should go after him. I'll take care of the food, so don't worry.", he reassured.
"Are you sure?"
"Of course! You know, I think he needs you."

I looked over at him and as soon as we met eyes, I knew we were both thinking the same thing.
"Thanks, Sicheng."

---------------------------------------------------

I dashed my way out of my flat and ran down the stairs.
'I think he needs you'
*BADUMP*
I cannot believe this is happening to me.

I opened the door and quickly looked around. Where is he?
I paced around the building, scanning through all the places he could possibly stay.

Then I saw a familiar face at the corner of my eye.
Kunhang!

He was sitting on the grass of the small park in front of the apartment. What could he be doing?
I approached him and before I could say anything he noticed and looked back.

"Oh, hi.", he greeted in a casual tone.
"Why.. Did you leave?", I asked, trying to catch my breath.
"Amie, did you run all the way here?", he asked, a bit confused.
"What do you think?"

I sat beside him in the grass.
"What are you doing?", I asked, slightly annoyed.
"Taking pictures of the sky, that's all."
I looked up to see what he was talking about, and I noticed the beautiful mix of colors in the sky. Pink, yellow, orange. It looked like a painting.
"I see. It's prettier than usual.", I added.

"Was it something I said?", I blurted out.
At this point, I don't even care anymore. I don't think I can keep secrets like this any longer.
"Huh?", he looked puzzled, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Honestly, we haven't known each other for a long time but I know for a fact that you wouldn't run off like that."
"Is there.. Something on your mind?", I asked, a bit concerned for him.

"Umm.. Lately I've been thinking of what I said to you.", he replied as he kept glancing from the ground and to me.
"What you said in the docks? Is that it?"
He nodded, laying both his hands on the grass.
"And what about it? You can tell me anything.", I fondly reassured.
"Hm. I know.", he chuckled.

"I don't know, it just won't leave my head."
"It's weird, I've been thinking about a certain someone a bit too much.", he smirked, turning to me.

"Ah, I see."
"Everything right now is a bit pressuring, I'll be honest. So much filming and traveling to do in the next week."

"Hey, you got this! You have your hyungs to support you too.", I comforted.
He grinned brightly at my reply.
That's it.

"Can you stop doing that?"
"Doing what?", he looked surprised.
"Smiling at me all the time! What is it with you?"
His expression was a bit taken aback.
God, Amie can you be more idiotic?

"It bothers you?"
"It makes my heart race. So stop.", I whispered, looking the opposite way.
"It does?"
HE HEARD ME?!
Great job, you just said the cheesiest line ever and embarrassed yourself.

"You now know how I feel too then.", he replied.
*BADUMP*
How he feels?--

"Back at the docks, those words you said. It stuck with me for a while, you know?", I started.
"So I was really confused when you doubted that I didn't realize what you really meant. Because to me, it was crystal clear. So don't doubt yourself like that, 'cause those words meant a lot to me.", I expressed, still looking the other way.

I just can't force myself to look him in the eye.

"So it really did. I'm.."
"Glad.", he finished.
*BADUMP*
"Well, I am too.", I added.
Is it getting harder to breathe here?
Just say it Amie. Get it over with.
"You are?", he sounded surprised.

"I am. Because I feel the same."
*BADUMP*

We were silent for a few seconds, but it felt like eternity.
I heard a faint chuckle from him.

I finally looked back and once again, he's smiling at me.
Is he ever going to stop doing that?
"Amie?", he asked, slightly brushing over my hand.
"What?", I tried to answer casually, but I could feel my face burn up.

"I'm glad.", he repeated, but in the fondest way.
Oh god, I am going to cry.

Without thinking twice, I opened my arms and swiftly hugged him.
He flinched at my sudden movement but soon entwined his arms and buried his face in my neck.

So many thoughts came flooding in my mind. I think this is too much for me to handle today. Amie, you idiot.

I noticed Hendery's body slightly trembling, but hey; mine was too. We still kept holding on desperately to each other.
I dug my face unto his cotton sweater, taking up his scent. It was too comforting.
I could feel his shaky breath on my neck, and it gave me tingles. I knew even he was nervous. But at this point we just melted in each other's touch.
Not a care in the world.

This is that 'love' thing huh?
So this is what it feels like. It's a bit intimidating at first I have to say. I didn't regret a single thing that's happened otherwise.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N:
PHEEEWWW WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER OF A CHAPTER!
Well I guess we finally have it. The two have both admitted it. I couldn't think of a better and more real way for Amie to confess so it's probably a bit cheesy. I tried my hardest though! I hope you enjoyed and please keep reading Saccharine! 💚
- sophia

Thank you for 12.6K!! This is insane omg

6K!! This is insane omg