thirty three

"Kunhang!"

"Amie!", I called out as I ran to her.
"What are you doing here?", I asked curiously, now in front of her.
"Um, nothing really. Just came to catch a breath and gather some thoughts.", she answered softly, looking out to sea.

"Are you okay?", I asked hesitantly.
"Yes, yes. I am."
"That's good. But next time, tell us where you're going okay? I was- I mean we were worried.", I stuttered.

What are you doing, Hendery?

She wasn't as energetic as she was before. She didn't seem sad, but just much calmer and quieter. I've never seen her like this really.

"Yeah, about that.. I'm sorry. I'll let you know next time.", she looked back at me with those striking eyes.
I simply nodded; I'll be honest, I was a bit in awe.

AMIE POV

'He came.. To look for me?', I wondered, turning to the vast sea in front of us.
He was beside me, looking out too.
It was silent for a few seconds but it wasn't an awkward atmosphere.
Definitely not.
I felt comfortable.

"Were you overwhelmed? I mean if you are, I'm sorr-"
"No no, I promise I'm not. And you don't have to be sorry for anything. It's not your fault.", I reassured.
"Oh okay.", he gently mumbled.

A few seconds of silence followed; and I decided I should really tell how I am.
"Actually, yes..", I told.
"What?"
"I am a bit overwhelmed. But it's really not you guys, I swear. If anything, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. It's just that, the fact that I'm with you guys is unbelievable. I don't know what I did to deserve you all.", I explained.

He didn't say anything. He just listened, looking at me. It became harder to talk knowing his gaze.
"I'm quiet sensitive, I apologize.", I said in a perpetually tired voice, my hand over my eyes.

"It's okay. It's alright to express what you really feel, but it's not okay to bottle up your feelings.", He dotingly explained.
"I understand.", he added in such a warm tone.

"Thank you.", I turned to him, finally connecting our gazes. We were looking in each other's eyes; him fondly smiling.
"You don't need to worry, Ames.", he said in sudden excitement, holding my arm.
"We had fun, didn't we?", he grimaced, peeking through my face.
"Yeah, we did.", I tried to stop the massive smile creeping up my face but as soon as he said that, I started laughing.

"There we go-", he grinned.
"Stop", I sighed, holding back my laughter.
We let out a few laughs as the silence came back.
A somehow very, warm silence. Quite reassuring actually.

I decided to start a conversation. "So, what are you looking forward to the most next week? You guys seem to have more frequent promotions."

"Umm, well..", he paused to think.
"We're about to shoot our music video next week and it's my first time. We already had a meeting about it and yeah, I'm excited about that!", a joyful tone in his voice built up.

"That's great!", I rejoiced, turning to him.
"Yeah, I'm really excited.", he fondly smiled.
"You gotta show me once you've finished shooting. I'm sure it'll turn out really nicely.", I remarked.
"Of course! You'll be the first to watch!"
I chuckled at what he said.

"How about you?", he asked me the same question.
"Umm, I actually don't have a certain goal right now but I am going to go get some decorations for my apartment.", I replied.
"It looks quiet dull at the moment.", I added.

"Okay. Maybe I could help you with that.", he requested.
"That would be nice for you to visit, I actually never told you guys.", I realized.
"Tell me more then.", he beamed, looking back at the view of the sea.