sixteen

"Hey, Amie-sshi. Try some chocolate chip cake! Isn't it your favorite?", Sicheng asked.

"Yeah, it is actually!", I replied as I got a slice.
"This is so good."
"It is!"

"Is this red wine?", I asked.
"Yeah. Here, let me pour some for you if you'd like to drink some?", Winwin offered.
"Sure!"
"Okay, give me your glass. Don't drink too much of this though, Amie.", he said while handing me the glass of wine.

"Of course! I'm responsible."

I was wrong. So so wrong.

I ended up finishing the whole glass and focused more on the ringing bass of the disco music..

"Hey, Eun Jeung!! Enjoying the party?", Kun approached me.
"Yeah, it's awesome!!"
"Do you want to dance?"
I nodded and Kun held my hand, leading me to the dance floor with the other boys killing it!

"LET'S GET IT, HYUNG!!", Lucas boomed as Ten and Sicheng danced.
"It's your turn, Amie!", said Kun.
"Oh no no.. I don't dance.. At least not anymore!"

"Come on, Ames!!", Ten exclaimed as he grabbed my hand.
"Uh, I guess I can try?", I said to myself.

I remember just doing any kind of freestyle I learned from predebut, and just feeling the music.

"YEAH!!! THAT'S MY NOONA!!", Yangyang cheered.
"Let's get it, Ames!", Xiaojun said.

----------------------------------------------

HENDERY POV

I saw Amie on that dance floor along with everyone else, and I decided to join in.

"Hyung!! Come on!!", Yangyang called.
"Alright!", I replied as I took the last bite of cake on my plate.
"Hendery-ah!! Your turn!!", Kun-hyung said.
I remember just doing the quirkiest moves on stage, yet everyone still enjoyed.
I could see Ten and Lucas-hyung laughing out loud.
"Yeah! You're really something, Hendery!", Amie exclaimed.

Although, I was a bit worried for Amie since I noticed she kept coming back to the wine stand.
She drinks?
Hopefully not too much..

"Hey, Ames. Uh, how much wine did you just drink?"
"Wha?? Oh don't worry about that. Here, taste it it's good!!", she offered but with a different tone in her voice.

"I'm good, thank you. I think that may be enough though Ames.", I politely offered.

"NO! I mean, no no. I'll be alright, I'm okay."

I noticed her getting really tipsy.
"I don't think it's healthy tha-"
"Ssshhhh!"
At that point I got really surprised and.. My heart started racing.
She was suddenly so close to me, her hand over my mouth to make me stop talking.

"Hendery.. I'm okay.", she said softly.

I felt paralyzed. I knew I could've done something but I was too nervous to even move by how close she was.

I regret not stopping her.

----------------------------------------------

9:15 PM

At this time the rave calmed down more and everyone was mostly spending their time talking and eating, although it was still a loud atmosphere.

I was talking to Yangyang, we calmed down a bit after dancing like crackheads.

"Hey, I'll just go get some dessert. Want me to get you some?", I offered.
"Sure, hyung! How about some strawberries dipped in chocolate? There's a chocolate fountain over there."