one

"Amie? Amie!!! Amie!!"

I hear a familiar voice ringing in an echoey way inside my head.

"Amie!", it calls as it gradually gets louder.
"Come on, Amie wake up! You're gonna be late for work!"
I slowly opened my eyes to see my mom sitting beside me, gently shaking my shoulders.
I shook my head to regain from my blurry vision.

Wait.. 'Why am I on the table?!'
Did I accidentally fall asleep while I was writing?!
"Huh? Yeah, mom. I'm up.", I respond as I yawn and find for my journal I wrote on last night.
"Mom, have you seen my-"
"You mean this journal?", she cut in.

Oh my god. Don't tell me she read all of that?

"What?! Give me that!", I said as I snatched it from her.
"Mom, did you read everything?"

"I did, sweetie. And I completely understand. I know you were upset, okay? But, you know you had to quit. I see how important this is to you. This is your dream! And all I ever wanted was for you to pursue them and be happy. But, it all happened so suddenly, you're right. And, I'm so sorry I had to take it all away from you by breaking the news. I'm sure your father never wanted this to happen, either.", she explained with the most concerned look in her eyes.

"I know, mom. It's not your fault. I understood but like.. I just wish it was like old trainee days again.", I answered softly.

"Why is that, Amie?", she said as she held my hands so tenderly.

"I miss the experience, mom. I miss-
...I miss Ten."

"Ten? If I remember correctly, he's your Thai friend you never stop talking about."

"Yeah, that's him. I miss him. It's been years since I last saw him, nor talked to him. I think he doesn't want to see me ever again after what happened. I let him down.."

"Aw, honey. It's gonna be alright. I'm sure if he was your real friend he would've forgiven you already. I mean, you never know."

"Maybe, but I just.. I wanna see him again. I've been feeling so empty lately. Well, by lately I mean for years.. Ever since I moved out of SM. He looked so.. Broken. And because of that I died inside a little. It was never my intention to hurt him."

"Honey, it's not your fault you had to leave. He understood that, didn't he?"

"He did.. But- I promised him, mom! That we'd debut together! But I had to let go of that hope. I didn't even bother trying. I just felt weak, you know? I broke that promise."

"Hey, Amie. It's gonna be alright. I'm pretty sure Ten misses you as much as you miss him. And I definitely believe he'll do anything, anything, to see you again.", she said as she hugged me tightly.

'Anything... To see me again?'

--------------------------------------------------

A/N:
Ndndjdbdjdb okay folks here we go-
Will Eun Jeung and Chittaphon be reunited together soon?
🌻🌻