thirty nine

AMIE POV

"Would you two lovebirds stop flirting and help me out??", Winwin exclaimed.

"YES SIR!", Kunhang shouted back, running to the living room.
"Let's go-", he glanced at me, extremely flustered.
I nodded and tagged along with him.

"I've got this last one.", Sicheng said as he stood up and smiled at me.
"The window spot really looks prettier now.", he added.
"It really is.", I replied.

"Now, I've been wanting to hang something like this for a while.", I said, grabbing in to a different bag as I pulled out a dreamcatcher.
"Woah! Is that a dreamcatcher?", Hendery asked, surprised.
"Sure is!", I joyfully replied.
"I've never seen one this big before!", Winwin exclaimed, touching the massive feathers at the end.

"I know right! I knew I just had to get it!"
"Help me hang it here.", I requested.
"Near the kitchen perhaps?", Winwin suggested. "Yeah, thanks!"

I turned around to see Hendery rummaging through the smaller bags, smiling to himself.
"Hey, what are you doing over there?", I approached him in a playful tone.

"So you really kept the photos I gave you huh?", he looked up at me with a wholesome expression.

*BADUMP*
"O-of course! That was an important day to me you know?", I replied.

It was the pictures Hendery gave to me from when we hung out together at the amusement park with everyone.

He silently scanned through all the photos.
"What do you plan to do with these?", he asked, maintaining that beautiful smile on his face.
"Umm, well I was planning on..."

"Draping them across my room.", I replied shyly.
He chuckled and handed me the photos.
"Let's do it."

We walked across, opening the door to my room. "Woah, for an apartment this room is pretty huge.", he said in awe, looking around.
"I really like the arrangements of the windows here, the position of the sunlight is perfect!", he complimented.

"I know right! And the warm neutral colors they painted it with."
"I'm jealous, your place looks so cozy. You better invite me often.", he teased.
"You know you can visit anytime you want.", I reassured.

I looked back at him, laughing at me.
"That would be lovely.", he softly replied.
I quickly shifted the opposite way; I can feel something heavy in my chest.
*BADUMP*

Amie, what is up with you today?!

"How about we put 'em here?", Kunhang suggested, pointing at a spot near my bedside to hang the pictures.
"Yeah, that's actually a good spot!", I exclaimed.

"That way, its the first thing you'll always see in the morning. Remind you of good times!", he added, grabbing the string and tape.

"Hah, of course.", I replied nervously.
Seriously, collect yourself Ames!

"HAHAHA, wait wait!! Look at Ten-hyung's face here, it looked like he wasn't ready for the picture!", he pointed out, laughing like a maniac.
"Oh my god, I'm sending that to him!", I snorted, grabbing my phone to take a picture.
"I want to post that!!", he added, hardly being able to breathe from laughing.

He helped me hang those pictures up, and it looked really pretty. He grabbed another picture, and tapped on my shoulder to get my attention.

"Do-- Do you remember us taking this?", he asked a bit panicked.
"Which one?", I asked as I looked at the picture. I gasped as I saw and remembered the picture of the two of us doing a heart pose, in front of the massive carousel.

That... Picture. Honestly looked so breathtaking to me.
But I knew I had to keep that to myself.

"I do remember. H-how could I forget?"
At this point my words were all over the place. Amie, come on!

"So adorable, hah-", he chuckled quietly.
Yep, here it is. I can feel the awkward tension.

"It's a pretty picture though, don't you think?", he asked, turning to me.
He's definitely looking at me, why are you panicking? Say something!

"I think so too..", I replied.
Without thinking twice, I grabbed that picture and put it on top of my bedside table, separating it from the others.
It really does look.. Pretty.

He's still looking at me.
"Amie?"
"Yeah?", I looked over, only to see him smiling at me again.
CAN YOU STOP DOING THAT?
you're.. Killing me.
"You wanna go bully Xiaojun later?", he laughed at loud.
"It was his idea!!", he jokingly said.
"Yeah, yeah you're right!", I giggled.

We continued to hang the rest of the pictures up, reminiscing on that fun day.
We took a step back to see how it looked like.
"It looks good! All the colors really match with each other!", I exclaimed.
"You're right! Good job!", he raised his hand and gave each other a high five.

"Hey Ames?"
"Yeah?"
"You remember what I said that day, when we were at the docks?", he brought up.

Oh, right. I remember every second, Kunhang.
"What I said to you?", he added.
"I.. do.", I answered him.
"I meant everything I said, you know. I enjoy my time with you. More than I initially thought I would."
*BADUMP*
Ah, here we go again.

He walked over by the door, about to leave the room.
"Did you realize what that all was?"
"Realize?", I replied, a bit confused.
"Anyway, let's go help Winwin-hyung with the rest, shall we go?", he suddenly brought up, changing the topic.

"Ah, yeah yeah.", I assured.

What? Realized what he said was?--

I thought to myself for a while, his words couldn't leave my head.
How could he say that?
Of course I knew what he meant. Right? Its not just me who thinks that right? Did he misunderstood me?

I knew what he meant.
He.. Really likes me, doesn't he?

--------------------------------------------------