letters

dear liilah,

you don't know me, and probably never will, but i just wanted to tell you how much you amaze me. 

i'm not attracted to you romantically. but if i could break the rules, i think you and i would be great friends. 

i've seen your music that you write. i often find myself humming the tunes, even though it is way off key. my biggest dream would be to play the piano, and if i could, i would play your music for sure. you should definitely show off your talent. it's amazing.

maybe one day i could meet you. i'm not allowed to let you see me. but i'm in need of a friend, so for now, could you please write back? 

best wishes, 

dandelion

dear dandelion, 

(that must be your name, right? it's very pretty, i must say.)

i'm going to be honest, i sorta freaked out a bit when i saw your letter.

i have so many questions! why can't i see you? how do you know about my music?! i have never told anyone! are you some sort of top secret government spy? 

you've sparked my curiosity. is there any way i could see you? like a picture or something? i promise i won't tell anyone that i saw you. it probably won't matter, though, you'd have to kill me, haha! ;)

(please don't kill me!!)

curiously,

liilah

dear liilah,

dandelion is my name. thank you, your name is pretty too!

no, i am not a top secret government spy. and no, i won't kill you, nor am i capable of it. i can't show you a picture of me. 

i would tell you more, but for your sake and mine, i would much rather meet you in person. 

tell me a day, and we could arrange it and be friends and talk about our celebrity crushes and favorite tv shows and what-not.

your soon to be friend,

dandelion

dear dandelion,

okay. that's totally cool. super glad you won't kill me!

what about today? you could meet me before supper and you could eat dinner with me. i can't wait to meet you! you sound so cool and i too think we would get along well.

please meet me tonight! i can't stand the anticipation!

your already friend, 

liilah

dear liilah, 

i would much rather meet you after supper...

i'll try to meet you tonight. but you have to follow the following instructions very carefully, or else you won't get to see me at all.

sit down on the floor before you do anything.

no phones, jars, or anything like that allowed. 

when you have done this, (don't yell) announce that you're ready to meet me.

please don't scream or hurt me, please. 

don't touch me, either. don't touch me or get close enough to touch me, please.

a little nervous,

dandelion

Liilah rushed to finish the small portion of food she ate, too excited to eat anything.

She was a little confused by her instructions but she followed them anyway.

 "I'm ready."

 She waited. Her eyes widened as a tiny girl approached her, but she didn't scream or move to touch her. Liilah could hardly breath.

 "L-liilah? It's -it's me... D-dandelion... " The little girl squeaked. She was a few years younger than Liilah, and looked to be the same age as her little sister.

Liilah smiled.

"Hi, Dandelion. It's nice to finally meet you."