experimental

Tessa's worst day began with a spill.

 "Ugh! No, this can't be happening!" Tessa wailed as she spilled a vial of the neighbor boy's experimental chemicals on herself. She was supposed to hold onto his project until his rambunctious cousins left. So much for keeping it safe and sound.

The purple substance should have left a stain like Tessa thought it would, but instead it turned clear as soon as it made contact with her.

 "Thats... o-AHHH!" Tessa shrieks as everything rapidly grows around her, until she guesses herself to be around a measly 2 inches. 

Tessa gasps as she takes the full shock of what happened. She... She shrunk!! 

Kyle owed her big time. 

                                                                            ***

Tessa was thankful that she and her mom were neat freaks, she didn't have to worry about getting lost in a pile of clothes, had this happened if she were a... Normal...

Ugh! Why couldn't she be normal! If she was normal, this wouldn't have happened! All of the other girls wouldn't trip over their own two feet and spill some nerd boy's experiment on them! All of the other girls weren't diminished to the size of a bug! And--

 "Tessa!" Her mother called. Tessa winced at how loud her mother sounded. She shouted, but of course her now giantess of a mother couldn't hear her.

 "Tessa!" Her mother said again, this time louder and with obvious annoyance.

 "Tessa!!! Don't make me come in there!!" Tessa clamped her hands over her ears as her mother stormed in, making the ground shake violently. 

 "Mom! Mom! I'm down here! Mom! Look down!" Tessa shouted multiple times with no success. 

Poor Tessa had to dodge her mother's house sized feet multiple times, each time being close to being stepped on. And what hurt Tessa the most was that her mother couldn't even hear or see her, and would never know she had killed her own daughter. Tessa was out of breath by the time her mother stomped out. 

She curled up into a fetal position, tears streaming down her miniscule face. 

A few moments later, she sat up and tried to look on the bright side of her situation.

1) Food would be huge!

2) She didn't have to do her chores

3) She probably wouldn't have to go to school

4) She was wearing a convenient outfit, comfortable tennis shoes, jeggings, and her favorite sweatshirt that was given to her by the private school she attended.

5) 

Tessa was too upset to think of a fifth reason. And tired. But where would she sleep? It would take ages to walk to her bed, and she wouldn't be able to sleep on the hard floor. Tessa scanned the room, her eyes focusing on a potential bed.

 "That's where it went!" Tessa giggled as she scurried over to her long lost nail polish remover kit. She grabbed a cotton ball, and then climbed over the empty polish remover bottle. 

As she curled up on the makeshift bed, she drowsily added reason number 5.

5) Stuff is easier to find!