Fifty-First (傷跡).

Third Person's POV.

"Say, do you have a dream?"

"Eh?" He glance at her dumbfounded.

"You know, a dream when you were little, like what do you want to be when you grow up, what kind of things that you wanted to do, what kind of things you wanted to achieve, stuff like that," she looked up at him.

He stare at her gleaming eyes that is looking at him excitedly. He averted his gaze to the starry night sky above them. "I guess...I have never thought about such things," he said, exhaling a breath of warm air from his mouth. "I have never had a thought about my future. I am the type who follows where the flow brought me to."

A cold breeze of wind swaying their hair with some of the leafs following the flow. Luckily, they are sharing their warmth already, with her on his lap, engulfing her body with his arms along with his haori, doubling the warmth.

"Well, that's just like you," she giggled.

"What about you then?" He asked her back.

Her giggles died down as she stare at the starry sky above them with a sad smile. "When I was a kid, my mother always trained my brother about breathing technique and swordsmanship. I grew up seeing them do those trainings and it was exciting to me. I think what I wanted to be at that time is being a swordswoman, pretty much like now."

He kissed her hair while mumbled, "A really strong swordswoman."

"Thank you," she chuckled. "I think I was trained to be a demon huntress from the beginning."

His heart feels a slight pang of pain. 'Trained to be a demon huntress from the beginning, isn't that unlikely for a child?' he thought in worry. "Do you regret it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Being a demon huntress. It must be hard to went through those trainings when you were still a child," he look at her with sad eyes. Just imagining her being in those harsh training since she is still a kid, must be hard for her.

She blinked a few times before bursting out her laughter. She clutch his shoulder for support as she is starting to drown to his chest. Giyuu, in the other hand, is confused by her reaction. 'Did I say something funny?'

"My Goodness, Giyuu...hahahah," she continued her laugh while trying to stop it in the same time. "You were saying that as if you didn't trained the same way as I did. We were still kids when we met at Urokodaki-san's house."

'... that's right,' he thought, coming into realization.

"Well, if you asked wether I regret it or not, the answer is I don't."

He hummed, signaling her to continue her statement.

"If I didn't went through this path, I won't met you," she smiled to him, caughting his attention. "If a demon didn't attack my house, maybe I won't met you and Sabito that day, I won't carved those memories with you two."

They stay silent, but she know that he understand what she meant because his grip around her getting tightened. He nuzzled his head to her neck, seeking for comfort. She patted his head gently, feeling his hair against her finger.

"Giyuu."

"Hmm?"

"Let's say that all of these demon things are over, what will you do afterwards?"

Silent enveloping them for awhile before he finally spoke, "...I have never think about it."

"What kind of job will you take, where would you live, how will you spend your time everyday, those kinds of things are something that is exciting to think of," she turned her face towards him with an excited smile.