Third.

It is the day of the final selection.

"You three, come here," Urokodaki-san wave his hand at us, "This is for you."

"A mask?" I asked.

"It is for protection," he gave us one by one, "I hope that you all will come back in one piece."

'He must be worried.' I sigh with a smile. I accept the mask from him.

"Don't worry Urokodaki-san, I will protect them!" Sabito pointed his thumb at his chest.

Giyuu and I smiled by his reaction.

'Typical Sabito.'

※※※

We arrived at the Wisteria Flower Mountain. It is crowded by a lot of people that looks like have the same age as us. They all holding a sword on their hips.

"Welcome," two girls appeared. They both have the same features.

'Maybe, twins?'

"We thank you for all of you to participate in this final selection."

"We have prepared demons inside this mountain."

"The mountain can not escape because they dislike the wisteria flower."

"You will passed the test if you survive through seven days in here."

The girls said.

'Wow, seven damn days. No wonder Urokodaki-san worried.'

And so, the final selection begin.

Sabito, Giyuu and I are running side by side. Sabito slashed the first demon that came right to us. We keep running, but the demons keep coming and we all are forced to attack.

A screaming can be heard. Sabito, after slashing the demon in front of him, run to where the screaming came from.

"Wait, Sabito!" Giyuu called him and run after him. I do the same. When I run after them, there's a demon attacked me from behind. I fell.

"You little prick," I got annoyed. I stand up, and take my stances. I swing my sword, cutting it's hands and then cutting it's head. "Die." I beheaded him while it's screaming in agony.

"Mo...ther..." I turned my head immediately and looked at the demon. It has tears on his eyes while dispersing slowly into the air. I widened my eyes.

'What?' My memories of my mother came up and I winced, holding my head. 'Not now,' I turned my heels and run, searching for Sabito and Giyuu.

I slashed several demons along the way, and sometimes taking a break. I finally found them when the sun is rising.

"Hanabi!" Giyuu shouted. "Good grief, you're alive. I was worried sick!" Giyuu come up to me and hugged me.

I hug him back. "Sorry, I was a bit lost back there. Are you two okay?" I looked at Sabito.

"Still in one piece, thankfully. Let's take a rest first," Sabito said with warmth. He take a sit under the tree. "There will be no demons under the sun so it's safe. We will search for food later."

I nod at this and also take a sit under a tree. Giyu do the same. He sit besides me and closed his eyes. I put my head to the tree and closed my eyes. If anything, I need to keep my breath at steady and keep my instinct at its best while sleeping. My body feels tired and I quickly dozed off.