Second.

I burried Hakku's remaining body in the backyard after the sun is out. My mother's body had dispersed. I entered my house and change my clothes. I packed some clothes for my trip to Sakonji-san's place.

There is only two wardrobe, the first one is the wardrobe for all of our clothes. The second one is our hiding place when the night comes. When I opened it, I take some clothes and found a unique pattern clothes. It is a haori. It is a wisteria flower and leaves pattern haori with petals cutting on the low part. 'This must be Mother's haoris.' There are 3 sets of it. I won't take it now since it is too big. I will take it when I come here again. I only packed my clothes, and my mother's sword.

I get out from my house. I search for a crow and see it flying around on my house.

"Show me the place to Sakonji-san!" I shouted at the crow, and the crow started to head into the south. I followed the crow to the mountain.

It was a long run. I wanted to cry for a moment, but I held back. It hurts. Mother ate Hakku in front of me. My kind and strict Mother. Despite her strict teaching, she is very kind. But then, she turned into a monster. And my brother protected me from her. I remembered she crushed his head and eat him.

'Why...why is this happening to me?' Tears manage to escape my eye. I can't see straight. I stumbled down because of a root. I don't move and started to pity myself.

'Pathetic,' I thought. 'If only I didn't open that damn door. If only I can be more patience. If only I checked first. If only...'

Tears streaming down on my cheeks. I covered my face with hands. I don't try to move from my position. Hurts.

"Caw!" The sound from the crow snapped me back from my thoughts.

'I need to stand up. There's no use to regreting past,' I sniffled and erase my tears. I standed up and looking at the crow.

"Sorry, can you showed me the way again?" I shouted at the crow. The crow caws and started to fly to the south. I followed it again.

※※※

I arrived at a small house. 'This must be the place,' I gulped my nervousness and knock.

"Excuse me, is Sakonji-san here?" There are footsteps coming to the door. The door is open and there stand a man with Tengu's mask.

"You are...Yuri's daughter. So she didn't survive..." he looked down. I can not see his face but I can feel sadness in his voice. "Where is your brother?" I hold my tears as I look down. "I see. My name is Urokodaki Sakonji. Come in."

I entered his house. He prepared a glass of water and sit across me. "Tell me what happened." I started to tell him the story. My tears fall when I tell him about my brother was eaten by my mother. And it ended with me telling him that I killed her with her sword.

Sakonji-san must be sympathized me. He come closer and hug me. "I an sorry for your loss. You must have gone through a lot. That's not your mother. It is already a demon. A demon can't hold their urge to eat human, especially when they're hungry. It is a right thing that you killed her. She will no longer suffer. You did well," he encourage me as I returned the hug.

I cry silently while muttered, "Thank you."

He pushed me gently and held my shoulders with his hands. "There are those who called Demon Slayer Corps. It is an organization that is not recognized by the government. Their job is to slay the demon that is harming the humans. To enter the organization, you need to enter 'The Final Selection'. Do you wish to go there?" Sakonji-san asked me. I hesitate a bit, but then I remembered what my mother said. This training that I have been going through is to kill demons. So that I can protect myself and other people. I gulped down my hesitation. This is what my mother has been trained me for.