22. Smell of burning🦋

En başından başla

I wiggled my brows. "Yeah? Like what?"

"Pancakes." He smiled shyly

****

It only took fifteen minutes to make a bowl of creamy sun dried tomato gnocchi with chicken and mushroom.

"Mmmm...." Brant moaned in his mouth. "That's really tasty." He pointed his fork at his plate while raising his brows. "Really."

"I wish I could eat your cooking every day."

I chuckled contentedly as I got up to bring my plate to the sink. Brant also brought his plate following me. He stood beside me and pecked on my cheeks.

"Thank you." I smiled gently and kissed back on his lips.

I looked around his apartment again. It had two bedrooms, one double and one single. A common drawing room with an open kitchen and a little balcony.

"I really like your apartment," I told him smilingly. "I am planning to move out after Christmas. I chose a few options. I just need to finalise one from them. " I turned around the basin. "Gosh, everything is so expensive here."

"You can move with me." He cleared his throat carefully. "Then we can share the rent."

My movement stopped instantly. I dropped the fork in the sink. "Huh?" I blinked.

Brant pointed at his little balcony. "You can use that place for your gardening." He looked at me. "You can also fulfil your wish of keeping a pet, love birds." He kissed my hair affectionately.

"And I can eat your cooking every time you cook. What do you think?"

I blinked nervously.

"It will sound cliché." Brant chuckled lovingly and pressed his forehead on my left shoulder as he gently held onto my right shoulder. "Mona Lisa Davies, would you live together with me?"

I gulped. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

Brant lavishly gave another peck on my hair.

"Or is it too soon?" He laughed shyly.

I bit my shaky lips. I couldn't control my overwhelming happiness. My thumping heart was bursting with excitement. I really wanted to kiss him madly and say yes. But a little hesitation pulled me back. I didn't want him to think that I was saying yes because I was short on savings.

"There's no need to hurry. Take your time to think." He muttered softly as he slowly put his hands on the sink counter just beside my waist. Without touching me, he caged me on the counter. I instantly froze by reading the romantic mood. He slowly rubbed his nose on my cheeks. "I can wait forever."

I gripped on the stone counter with my right fingers and bit my lower lip which was slightly trembling. I nervously looked at the opposite side away from Brant who moved closely on my right side.

"Don't be so nervous?" Brant whispered with a deep voice as he removed his hands from the sink and slid in his pockets. My heart began to pound. I slowly turned his side to meet his confident and sexy eyes which looked different at that moment.

My blushing cheeks heated up. I was sure it turned pinkish, so I tried to look away again. I tried to cover my baked cheeks with the right palm.

But that time Brant put his forehead against my right shoulder from behind and pressed lightly.

"Are you shy on me?" Brant asked in whispers.

"Hmm." I was too shy to even answer him properly.

Brant chuckled nervously while still pressing his forehead on my shoulder.

"It's funny tho...I'm shy on you too," He said softly.