↬ Labor and Delivery/ Part 1

Start from the beginning

'Jackson-ah,'' You called out with gritted teeth. ''Can you go get me a pillow?'' He was beside you in a flash with a pillow in hand and a confused expression on his face. ''Why do you need it? Are you in pain? Do I have to call in the midwife? Do you need anything else? Do you want me to go grab a-'' You groaned loudly as another contraction hits and rudely interrupted Jackson's rambling session. 

''Can you please help me,'' You paused with your nose scrunched up in pain. ''slide the pillow here? My back is hurting and I feel like I can't breathe when I sit upright.'' 

He glanced at you, bewildered, before he sprang into action. ''Is it better now?'' Jackson questioned after he had successfully assisted you in your request. You took in a shaky breath and tried to nod your head. He kneeled down so he was the same eye-level as you and gently brushed the stray hairs out of your face. 

''You alright?'' He asked with a soothing voice. ''I'm a little afraid,'' You admitted timidly. ''If the contractions are this bad now and I'm only dilated to a 5, I can only imagine how they'll feel as they get closer to 10.'' 

Jackson could literally feel his heart ache for you as he watched you burst into tears. ''I-I just, I'm scared.'' You sobbed. 

Without a word, Jackson rummaged around his bag for his headphones and his laptop. He crouched down beside you and with a swift motion; he carefully placed the headphones on your ears. You close your eyes as a lullaby sort of melody came emitting through and relaxed your insides. ''It's been a secret project I have been working on for the past few months leading up to your due date, and I thought I would share it with the fans after Ha-Yun's arrival. But it looks like right now is the perfect time for you to listen to this.'' Jackson murmured and placed a kiss on your tear-stained cheeks. ''I'll be right here the whole time, yeah?''

Youngjae:

After you and your husband got to the hospital, the nurse at the front desk had registered you into a private, but comfortably furnished room until a doctor could be vacant for a round of check-up. As Youngjae plopped down on the couch that was tucked snugly in the corner of the room, you got yourself changed into a hospital gown and hooked to a machine that makes sure that the twin's conditions were stable. You lay down on the bed and took out your phone from your duffel bag that contained your necessities. '

'Youngjae,'' You called out breathless as another contraction washed over your body in an alarming rate. ''Is the doctor available yet? This crap hurts.'' You pouted as Youngjae gave you a light-hearted chuckle and shook his head. 

''The nurse says Dr. Park still has a few more patients to get through before she can come give you your medication,'' He explained. ''She will be here soon.'' You groaned in frustration and gave a very dramatic sigh. ''I know, I know, it just seems like forever to me.'' You complained. 

''You're doing wonderful, Jagiya,'' Youngjae praised. ''Just hold on there for Dae-Hyun and Dae-Eun, yeah?'' Within minutes of your short conversation with Youngjae, your doctor had come into the room with a clipboard in hand. She promptly introduced herself and got right into business with discussing the options that you could take. 

After carefully considering your options, you opted for an epidural for your choice of pain relief. You glanced at Youngjae as he shuffled closer to you and held your hand as the nurse inserted a catheter into your back. You bit on your lip as you felt the lower part of your body go slightly numb. 

After waiting for half an hour, your contractions had become dull twinges of pain. Youngjae was pleased to see you no longer struggling. ''Oh, thank goodness,'' You muttered under your breathe. ''This isn't as bad as it was before.''