↬ Labor and Delivery/ Part 1

Start from the beginning

''How about I read you a book?'' Jinyoung asked with a smile. You immediately nodded after seeing the pure delight that was shown on his face. It went peacefully at first, then it got chaotic because apparently Jinyoung reading to you was not as pleasant as you think. You would get more worked up than you were before that whole reading fiasco and you were seconds away from dunking him into a bucket of ice water. 

''How about we do something else until the nurse comes to check up on you again?'' He offered with a chuckle. That something turned into the both of you singing a duet together, in the middle of Jiwoo's about-to-be arrival, on a hospital bed, in each other's arms. And you couldn't be more grateful for your husband in that moment. You looked at him with loving eyes and an adorable smile on your face. ''Jinyoungie~'' You murmured. ''Yeah?'' He asked. ''I love you.'' You tilted your face so that you could press a quick kiss onto his lips. A sneaky smile played on his lips. ''I'm declaring a tickle fight!''

Mark:

You shifted your position on the hospital bed in hopes that doing so will ease the accumulating pain on your left side and sucked in your cheeks tightly when that didn't work. To be honest, the reason for your frustration was that you were tired. You were tired physically and mentally and the fact that you were still heavily pregnant with your son did not soothe your worries. 

''Markie Pooh~'' You called out in a drowsy voice. You husband was beside you in a flash with a concerned expression on his face. ''Jagi, you alright there?'' He asked with furrowed eyebrows. You hummed in response and pointed to the cup in his hand. Mark nodded and fed you an ice chip from the cup to keep you hydrated and prevent your mouth from being too dry. 

''I still can't believe I'm stuck with eating ice chips until Mingyu is born,'' You commented all of a sudden. ''A ice cream sounds really tempting to me right now.'' He nodded in sympathy. ''Want me to go ask the nurse if I can go pick you an ice cream from the convenience store downstairs?'' He inquired with a mischievous smile on his face.''I don't think an ice cream would cause aspiration before your labor really jump-starts, and besides, you deserve a little treat.'' 

You looked at him with sparkling eyes and a bright smile on your face. ''Really?'' You asked him in disbelief. ''Of course, anything for my gorgeous Y/N.'' Mark replied with a chuckle as he picked up his wallet from the bedside table and stuffed it into the pocket of his hoodie. He went outside for a short while and came back with a chocolate cone in hand. 

As you were snacking in delight, the nurse came in to check on you. ''How is Mingyu?'' You asked the nurse anxiously as she carefully sets down the equipment on the bed after a round of check-up. ''He is doing quite well and the labor is progressing smoothly,'' The nurse paused for a moment as she slips off her medical gloves. ''If you want, Mrs Y/N, you can even get in the tub now.'' You looked at her with wide eyes. 

''Does that mean I'm close to giving birth or-?'' You asked nervously. She nodded in confirmation and pointed to the monitor. ''You're currently dilated to an 8 right now. If you keep working on the contractions, the doctor will be expecting a delivery in a few hours. We're just waiting for the baby to change his position so that you could start pushing.'' She explained with a smile. ''I'll go get you registered for a private room with a birthing tub and we'll switch there, yeah?'' She instructed, making the both of you nod in anticipation. 

Jackson:

You sat slumped on the yoga ball as you watched your husband pace back and forth along the length of the room you were registered in at the birthing center. It was a really lovely place and the rooms were all prettily furnished for the expectant mothers. The walls were painted a warm beige color, the floors covered with a soft carpet and a painting hung above the queen sized bed that was in the middle of the room. There were two bedside tables on both side and a lamp attached to the wall. There was a private bathroom in the left side next to the entrance and a labor tub in the corner. Even though you were in immense pain, you were still quite alert to your surroundings. '