Chapter 8 - The Return Of Miguel

ابدأ من البداية

“Do I have to talk to you?”

“No.”

“Good. Can I talk to Anna?”

“If you want.”

“Who’s gonna talk to him.” Derek said, pointing to Agent McCall.

“Oh! My god.” Stiles stumbled back in shock. “Are you getting taller?”

I chuckled as I made my stand on the other side of Derek so he was standing between Stiles and I. McCall had a bag of what looked like takeaway. “What are you doing here?” McCall asked Stiles and the boy he didn’t know, not bothering with me considering I was moved into the guest bedroom.

“Waiting for Scott.” Derek answered while Stiles nodded along.

“So am I. We were supposed to have dinner. I brought extra, you guys hungry?”

“Yeah.” Derek said at the same time Stiles and I said, “No, we’re not hungry.”

“No, I’m starving.” Derek said.

“None of us are hungry.” Stiles added. “Thanks though.”

“Well, if you two aren’t hungry, your friend can still eat with us. What’s your name?”

Derek went to say his name, but Stiles jumped in first. “Miguel. It’s, ah, my cousin Miguel.” Derek looked at Stiles while I cleared my throat in an attempt not to choke on thin air over the memory of Danny calling Derek Miguel a while back. “From Mexico.” Stiles added, patting Derek on the shoulder.

The next words that came out of McCall mouth made me in take a quick breath and I could hear Stiles’ heart pounding as he muttered, “Oh my god.” It was Spanish. Pure Spanish and I had no idea what he said. Our cover was blown.

At least it was until Derek responded with fluent (and I will admit something that was quite attractive on our little Derek) Spanish. Derek then looked pointedly at Stiles.

“Egg Roll?” McCall suddenly asked.

“Hell yeah.” Derek smiled back and followed him into the kitchen.

I grabbed Stiles by the arm and ripped him closer to me. “Did you know he spoke Spanish?” I whisper yelled to him.

“Do I look like somebody in the know?”

“I’m gonna kick his ass… once we put it back in his buff 23 year old ass that is, then again I kind of like mini Derek. He seems to share a little more.” I said with a hand gesture.

“Share?”

“Seriously I don’t think we wouldn’t ever found out Derek spoke Spanish any other way.” Derek looked back at us in a confused look. “He’s also less broody.”

A dog barking brought my attention to the black bound of fur running down the stairs. “Buster!” Stiles exclaimed about to walk up to him, but he ran straight past Stiles and jumped up on Derek.

“Whoa, hey dog.” Buster barked at the word dog. Even mini Derek called him dog and Buster apparently recognised him. A small smile came over me as I watched Derek patting him.

“You two joining us?” McCall asked.

“I’m just going to go upstairs and get changed.” I said back.

“For a sit in dinner?” McCall questioned.

“Ah, yeah, I’ve been running around all over the place today and I actually can’t join in for dinner I have to go out quickly, but I’ll be back later.” I hadn’t actually changed since we’d been in Mexico, I’d been to distracted by everything else and I was not passing off the opportunity. I headed up to my room that used to be Isaac’s room. I had a quick shower and then put on some basic makeup before pulling on a pair of ripped jeans with my black ankle boots, red and black plaid shirt undone with a white singlet underneath. I let my hair out as it was still kind of stringy and wet.