Chapter 15 ~ A song for a special someone

**Frank's POV**

I was in my last class of the day, music. Ray and Mikey were there, too. I stand up to go to pick out a guitar and then walk back to my seat, pulling a small notebook and a pencil out of my bag. I flip a few pages through and stop, leaving it open and picking up the guitar. I tune it slightly, then begin playing a little tune, followed by some lyrics. I sing quietly, following the lyrics that were already written.

"Why are you so far away?

Even when you're standing next to me

Your eyes give you away

Telling secrets when your mouth don't feel like talking

And I'll be your Lloyd Dobbler

With a boombox out in the street"

I rack my brain for more lyrics.

"And I'll be there if you need someone

Even if he isn't me

Lying in your bed

As lights dance across the ceiling

I listen to you breathe

Toss and turn in your sleep

And I wish that you'd believe

That I'll be your Lloyd Dobbler

With a boombox out in the street

And I'll be there if you need someone"

I write down the lyrics that I came up with just now, then go back to the guitar, searching in my mind for anymore lyrics that I could add.

"There's a Norman Rockwell painting

Two kids sitting on a bench

It reminds me of all the stupid things

I'd like for us to share

But I don't care"

I write the last of it down in my notebook. 'That actually might be enough to finish the song.' I think to myself.

I hear clapping from behind me. I jump and turn around to see Mikey smiling at me. "So, who's it for?" He asks.

"I-I... No one in particular." I lie, not very smoothly. It's actually for Gerard, but I wouldn't want him knowing that.

"Shut up, I know you're lying." He says, folding his arms.
I blush lightly.

I struggle to come up with a more believable lie. "I-it's for a girl I know..." At least it's not entirely a lie. The song was originally for Jamia. I gave up on the song after my feelings for her began to fade away. I just kept it in the notebook in case I found someone else.

"I can still tell you're lying." Mikey tells me, confidently.

Well, if he can tell when I'm lying, then there's no point in holding the truth from him. I sigh. "Fine." I say. "It's for Gerard, okay? Just don't tell him. I'm gonna show him the song when I feel ready."

Mikey jumps up and down and clapping his hands excitedly, looking like a teenage girl that could be found in just about any movie. "I KNEW IT! I KNEW YOU LIKED HIM! I JUS-" He shouts.

I cut him off by lunging after him and clamping my hand over his mouth. "Well, you don't need to tell everyone." I whisper.

He nods and mumbles an 'okay' and I let him go.

Well, now everyone's staring at us. Great.

AN: Hey, Night Walkers. Aren't you glad I finally updated? Anyway, tell me what you think of this chapter. Vote if you enjoyed and I'll see you next time. Bai!