Chapter 29 ~ Preparing for a picnic

~~~~ABOUT A TWO WEEKS LATER~~~~
**Frank's POV**
Gerard and I had grown even closer over time. At this point, I practically lived at his house. I'm not complaining, though. I love his company and his bed is really comfortable. My mom was too drunk all the time to care where I was anyway. By now, I'm almost a a whole month clean of cutting or any self harm and I'm proud of myself for that. Gerard has kept me happy enough over this time that I've barely even had thoughts about it.

With being at the new school, appearantly Jamia found me and got a job as a teacher there. She's been checking on me and Gerard in the back of the classroom. I knew it was a bad choice to start dating my history teacher. First off, she's like twenty four years older than me, and second, she was my teacher. And she was totally into it. But, honestly, I did it to suck up to her and convince her to bump my grades up. Today is Sunday, so I'm planning on confronting her after class tomorrow; She's really starting to freak me out

Gerard and I were gathering items around the house to go out on a picnic. There's a large field where no one goes and it's completely surrounded by trees so we're planning on going there. He says that it's where he likes to go to write little notes and draw and sketch and paint and meditate and just things like that. He says it's his 'safe place' and that he wants to share it with me because he trusts me enough.

"Is Mikey coming?" I ask him as I pull a dark, forest-green blanket out of the hall closet.

"No. I've always told him that he's not allowed to come with me. Even when we were younger. I've been going to that place since I was seven. Mikey was four at the time. The place is a long walk from this new house. At the old house that we were at, Mikey and I had to share a room, so it was hard to keep secrets and it was even harder to be alone. It was only a fifteen minute walk from there, so it should take about an hour to walk there from here. It was always a good place to just be surrounded by myself, my thoughts, and nature." He explains.

"Are we going to bring food? Or is it going to be a foodless picnic?" I question as we walk up the stairs to the main floor.

"I don't know. Are you hungry?" He replies.

"Not really. I was just asking, because, you now, people usually bring food on picnics."

"Hmm... We have some left over pasta. But I don't know if you'd want that."

I sigh, bumping Gerard's shoulder playfully with my own. "We don't really need to bring food. All I really want to do on the picnic is relax and cuddle and just be close to you."

He hums in content and brings an arm around my waist, kissing me on top of my head. "Okay, sugar. So all we need is the blanket and a couple water bottles?" He asks.

"I guess so." I answer.

"Okay, one sec. Hold this. I'm gona grab some art supplies." He says, placing the blanket in my arms and going bak down the stairs. "I have some water bottles in the cupboard right next to the refrigerator! Mine is the red one and you can borrow the black one!" He shouts from the stairwell.

I let out a deep breath, smiling to my self. I walk into the kitchen, setting the blanket on the counter and opening the cupboard he told me the water bottles were in. And of course, him being 3-4 inches taller and having longer arms than me, I can't reach the shelf they're on. I get on my tippy-toes and put my hand on the counter to try and push myself up to reach. I touched the black one he was talking about, but I accidentally pushed it back instead of being able to grab it. I try jumping to get it, but I keep pushing it back even more. I keep trying and trying until I see Gerard smiling to himself, holding his notebooks and sketchbooks and pens and pencils and paints and markers close to his chest out of the corner of my eye. I step back and fold my arms. "Care to help me?" I pout.

He giggles and sets his things on top of the blanket on the counter, walking over to me. He bends over for me. "Uhh..." I hesitate. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Get on my back." He commands.

"Oh, okay." I obey and jump onto his back. He holds me in place by holding onto my legs and propping me up. I reach up and stretch my legs a little to grab it. "I've... Almost... Got it..." I strain.

"Just keep going." He tells me.

I keep reaching and reaching until I finally grab it. "I got it!" I exclaim.

"Yayyyy!" He cheers.

I get down and set the bottle on the counter. I walk up to Gerard and wrap my arms around his waist, looking up at him with a smile on my face. "That was more work than it should've been." I say.

"Yeah. It would've been easier just for me to get it, but it was more fun to do that." He smiles, tangling his hands in my hair. "Did you see the red one?" He asks.

"Yeah, it was a little further back, I think. And I don't want to go through the trouble again, so could you grab it yourself?" I ask him, swaying us a little.

"Yeah, sure." He smiles as he turns around and gets on his tippy-toes, reaching and grabbing it on the first try.

"Why do you have to be taller than me? It feels so unfair." I say, folding my arms with a pouty glare.

"I don't know, Frankie. I can't help it." He answers, smiling at me.

"Come on, let's just fill up the bottles and go." I say, picking up the black water bottle and turning toward the fridge. "Do you have the filly-filly thing?" I ask.

"The filly-filly thing?" He asks in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes, the thing you use to fill up a cup with water form your refrigerator." I answer.

"Oh! You mean the fancy fridge water thing? No, sorry. We just use tap." He replies.

"Oh, okay." I say. Do you have an icecube tray or whatever?" I ask.

"Yeah, let me just grab it." He says and opens the freezer, pulling out a large, full icecube tray. He walks back over to me and bends the tray, picking out a couple icecubes and dropping them into the black bottle, and then another two in the red one.

I fill up the bottles with cold water and stick them into a bag. Gerard pulls them back out and sticks little felt sleeves on them before putting them back in. "I don't want my art supplies to get wet." He says, smiling and kissing me on the forehead.

He goes and grabs all of his journals and sketchbooks and pens and everything and puts them into the bag, followed by the blanket. "Okay, let's go." He says, taking my hand in his and squeezing.

He leads me out the door, kissing me on the cheek. "If you want, I can show you my old house on the way?" He suggests.

"Sure." I smile up at him.

"I love you, Frankie."

"I love you, too, Gee."

AN: I don't know, was this good? I thought it was a cute little thing. Anyway, vote and comment if you enjoyed and I"ll see you next time.