Chapter 8 ~ Basically a date.

**Frank's POV**

"Come on, Frankie. If we're gonna skip in the bathroom, we might as well hide in the handicap stall. It's roomy and no one really goes in there, so it's perfect." Gerard says as he grabs my hand, leading me to the stall. He pushes me in and looks behind himself to check and make sure that we won't get caught.

I have to admit, Gerard is attractive.

Gerard leans up against the wall and looks back at me. "Hey, in a bit, I'll check to see if the halls are clear and we'll go to Starbucks, okay? Hanging out in the bathroom is unsanitary anyway." He says.

"Okay. Sure." I reply.

A few minutes pass after the late bell and Gerard decides it's time to check if the coast is clear. I was watching from behind Him. He opens the stall door slowly, peeking out cautiously. The bathroom door opens and Gerard slams the stall door shut, locking it, and running over to me, clamping his hand over my mouth.

"Umm... Why the hell are there two people in that stall?" A voice that sounded like Mikey asks.

Gerard relaxes and sighs. "No reason. It's just us, Mikes." He replies, calmly. He walks back over to the door, unlocking and opening it, showing Mikey that it's him.

"Okay. Just don't try anything yet. You've only known eachother for an hour." Mikey replies.

"I know, I know." Gerard says, annoyed. "Say, are there still people in the halls?" Gerard questions.

"No. Everyone's in class now." Mikey answers.

"Okay. Thanks Mikes." Gerard says. He turns back to me. "Come on, Frankie. Let's go." He says and grabs my hand. "Bye Mikes."

We sprint quietly down the halls and out the door without getting caught. Once we get outside, I feel the cool September air breeze against my skin. I look up at Gerard and he looks back down at me. He takes off his jacket and hands it to me.

"No. It's fine. It's cold out here, and it's yours, anyway. You should wear it." I protest.

"Well, you just said that it's cold out here, which proves that you should wear it. I'm used to being cold." Gerard replies. He takes the jacket from my hands and wraps it around me.

Gerard leads me down to a crosswalk. "Do you want to press the button?" He asks.

I nod and hit the large button. We continue walking down the road and we stopped in front of the Starbucks.

"Hold my hand?" Gerard asks.

"Sure." I reply with a smile. Gerard takes my hand in his and squeezes. I squeeze back.

We walk into the building and Gerard leads me to a booth. We sit down.

"What do you want, sweetheart?" Gerard asks, kindly. I feel myself blush, but I look down and fix my hair so he can't see.

Once I'm sure that the blushing has gone down, I look back up at him. "Well, you know you don't need to get me anything. You shouldn't waste any money on me. I'm not worth it. I don't really want anything anyway." I reply.

"Come on, it's fine. I'll buy it for you, and you shouldn't pay me back. I want to buy something for you." He says.

"Umm... An iced pumpkin spice latte, please?" I answer.

Gerard smiles. "Sure thing, baby." He says and walks to the ordering counter.

What's with the nicknames? Does he know I like him already? He couldn't possibly.

After about three minutes, Gerard comes back with two cups and a chocolate chip cookie. He sits down and passes me the cookie and my drink.

"Uhm... Gerard?" I ask.