School Project

You guys are partners in a school project

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You walked into your history class and saw everyone standing in the back of the room.

Good, that meant you're class were changing seats.

You stood in the back of the class with one of my friends, Mollie, and talked until the bell rang.

Ms. Porter stood up from her desk and cleared her throat so everyone would stop talking.

She told everyone where their new seat was, and you sat in the very back row next to the new kid, Taylor Caniff.

"I hope you can stand who you're sitting next to." Ms. Porter told everyone. "Because they are your partners on the French Revolution project."

Almost all of the class groaned, looking at who they're sitting by.

You could see Taylor staring at you out of the corner of your eye. But you kept your gaze at the front of the room.

Ms. Porter explained the project and passed out all the necessary materials.

After she told us everything, Ms. Porter gave everyone time to talk to their partners about the project.

You turned to Taylor.

"Hi." You said.

"Hey." Taylor said.

"Do when do you want to get together to start working in it?" You asked.

He shrugged.

"Are you free today?" You pressed.

He smirked at you and you realized it sounded like you just asked him out.

"No, no, no. I just meant-" You started.

He interrupted you. "I know what you meant. And yeah, I'm free. You can come over to my house after school if you want."

You nodded.

"I'll wait for you after school. You can just come home with me."
Taylor said.

"Ok." You said.

The bell rang to go to next period, so everyone gathered up their stuff and left the classroom.

###########

After school, you saw Taylor waiting for you.

You went up to him, saying bye to your friends.

You sent your mom a quick text saying you weren't coming home right away because you had to work on a project.

"Hey." Taylor said.

"Hi." You said.

"Ready?" He asked.

You nodded.

He led you to his car and slid into the drivers seat.

You cautiously got into the passengers seat and buckled the seat belt.

Taylor drove to his house. It was an awkward car ride, with only the radio playing quietly in the background.

He finally pulled into his driveway, and we both got out.

You guys went inside and was met with a silent house.

"No ones home yet." He pointed out the obvious, rubbing the back of his neck.

You just nodded.

"You want something to eat?" Taylor asked.

You shrugged. "Sure."

He led me into the kitchen and put a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

You leaned against the counter as Taylor searched for a bowl.

He finally found one and pulled the popcorn out of the microwave once it was done and emptied the bag into the bowl.

He grabbed the bowl and led you to the living room, where you both pulled out your materials for the project.

You worked on the prject for a while, outlining what you're going to do.

"I'm so bored." Taylor whined, falling backwards onto the floor.

"I know. I hate history projects." I said, doing the same thing.

He suddenly sat up. "I want to ask you something. I've been internally battling myself on whether I should actually ask you. But I just can't hold it in. I have to ask you."

"Ok," You said confused.

"Do you want to....will you go on a date with me?" Taylor finally said.

You sat there, stunned.

"Its ok if you don't want to. I don't know what I was thinking." He mumbled.

"No, I'll go on a date with you." You said, quickly.

"I don't want to force you." Taylor said.

"You aren't. I was just a little surprised." You told him.

"Ok, cool." He smiled.

"Cool." You said, biting your lip.

••••••••••••••••••••

I wish I went to school with Taylor.
Vote and comment to make me happy.
Follow me on twitter @CartahftCaniff
Bye loves, stay cloudy :)