Cheater

Requested by MaceyBalderson: He cheats on you and you break up, but run into each other a few years later

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You wiped your tears, but it did nothing but smear them around your face. As it seemed a steady waterfall was flowing out of your eyes with no sight in stopping.

You couldn't believe it. You didn't want to believe it.

But you had to.

For weeks your best friend had been trying to convince you, but you hoped, prayed that it wasn't true.

She had been trying to convince you that Taylor had been cheating on you.

You waved her off the first few times. But then you got annoyed and snapped when she kept pestering you.

Now all you wanted to do was run to her and cry on her shoulder.

You were curled in a ball, crying on the floor of your and Taylor's shared room, too weak to make it to the bed.

You heard the door open and close downstairs and the floor creaking as footsteps made their way up the stairs.

The door was pushed open and a draft rolled into the room, making you shiver as you continued to cry.

"Y/N?" You tensed as you heard Taylor's voice.

He was the reason you were sitting on the wooden floor sobbing.

This was his fault.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Taylor came over to you and put a hand on your back.

You flinched away from his touch, trying to make yourself even smaller as you stifled your sobs.

"Baby, talk to me." He said, sounding worried.

But why was he worried? He wasn't worried when he was cheating on you.

"How could you?" You croaked, avoiding eye contact with him.

"What? How could I what?" He asked.

"You know." You said, choking on your words.

You bit your lip and glanced at him, seeing him close his eyes tightly.

He knew exactly what you were talking about.

"How. Could. You." You said again, getting angry.

"Baby, I-"

But you cut him off.

"Don't call me that!" You were fuming now.

You stood up quickly, making Taylor fall back as he was balanced on the balls of his feet next to you.

You threw open the closet and grabbed a backpack, shoving random articles of clothing into it.

"Please. Don't." Taylor croaked, still on the floor.

"Give me one good reason." You said threw gritted teeth, your back to him.

"I love you." He said.

You could hear him trying not to cry.

"Well..." You hesitated. "That didn't stop you from loving another girl, so why should it stop me from leaving."

There was an eerie silence after you said those words.

You zipped the backpack and grabbed your phone, going down the stairs.

It took him a second, but Taylor finally scrambled to his feet and chased after you.