Chapter 19.5: Sibling's Potential

(A/N: With no word on if Bri will be ok Mat tells the group the whole story of how he ended up being partnered with Anika. So aka this is their origin story).

Bri was seen entering the school campus grounds. She smiled as everyone noticed. "Holy crap that's Bri" one said. "Bri knight is epic in battle with her partners" another said. "Welcome back knight" added another. "Thanks guys" responded Bri. She was the first to be recruited by Nikita to join her cause against Shadowsteel and had a epic pair of partners as well. The school day soon started and she got to work.

Later at the arena she was up against another student to train them. "Let's give it all we got, matpatman and the Cry twins game on" stated Bri. Matpat and Cry soon came out but Cry had been split into two people, virus cry and mad cry. She fought well and soon won before Nikita called her in. "Trouble in paradise?" Joked Bri when she joined them in the base. "Very funny but yes, seems king pewds is taking hostages not caring whether it's youtubers or civilians" added Nikita. "You need to go to Hawaii though, we got a call for help from Nikita's best friend Bretman Rock" added Safiya. "We really are going to paradise" added matpat laughing.

The trio took off after getting information and arrived in Hawaii. "This way" added Bri. They went to the address and snuck inside. "Call out Bretman" added Mat. "Shush I'm over here" responded Bretman before waving. They came over and helped him to his feet. "We're getting you out" added Mat. The group got him and his family out but Cry froze.

"Cry come on!" Added Bri. She felt someone swoop in and take the wristband before Cry disappeared. "Oh god no" added Bri. They got away but then Bri and Mat felt horrible on the disappearance. "Who took him?" Asked Nikita. "No idea, someone just grabbed her wristband and Cry vanished" added Mat. Bri felt so discouraged and she and Mat did there best to find him and keep fighting. Then when Nathan disappeared Bri made a decision to quit and ran away with Mat.

On Anika's 14th birthday Bri started wrapping the wristband. "Are you sure this is the right decision?" Asked Mat. "My sister can work better with you, and you two can finish where I failed" she said. "Bri...." Added mat. She hugged him. "You won't leave me, you'll just have a different partner" she said. She then gifted it to Anika who was excited but scared. Mat waved and sat across from her.

"You're h-having me t-take your p-partner?" Asked Anika. "I feel you and mat will work better together then we did" added Bri. Mat smiled and looked over. "I guess if we're teaming up, let me get to know you more" added Mat. He and Anika left the room talking while Bri watched. "So why exactly is she giving you up to me" asked Anika. Mat sighed a bit and frowned. "We failed in a couple missions and she was disheartened that now she thinks you may have better luck" he said.

"I g-guess no details?" Asked Anika. "Nope, sorry" added Mat. The duo chatted a bit and Mat helped Anika understand how to battle in Bri's style. The duo soon were on Bri's practice field. "Ready for your first try without training?" Asked Mat. "I'm scared but yes" added Anika before she put the wristband on. "You know what to do" he said. Anika nodded and focused. "N-new player" she said.

Mat disappeared in result to the wristband. "Um, Matpatman... Game... Start?" She said hopefully getting it right. Sure enough the persona was summoned. "You did it!" Added Matpatman. "How do I have you battle?" Asked Anika. She was given a tip and she used it. Matpatman attacked the targets on the field before grinning. "Bullseye, now try the outfit change feature" added Matpatman.

Anika nodded and found the spot before using it and nodded. "Outfit swap, mirror's edge" added Anika. Mat was now dressed in his mirror's edge outfit grinning. "Interesting you pick the one that ups my agility and for some weird reason grants super speed but I have no idea why" added Mat. Anika shrugged saying "it looks cool though". They laughed and high five only to gasp when it looked like they fused a moment. Both let go and looked at each other. "Um I remember your sister mentioning this, this means you carry the ability to digibond" added Mat.

"Wh-what, me?" Asked Anika scared. "Hey hey hey don't be afraid it's ok" added mat. "Matpatman game over" added Anika quickly so Mat didn't fuse with her accidentally. He hugged her. "It's ok" he said. Anika hugged back smiling. "Thanks, guess I just have to get used to this" she said. Bri noticed it happened so she reported it to Nikita before joining the hug with them.

*"I think you definitely got this sis"* added Bri to herself.

(AN: I'm so sorry. There's just so much going on I didn't have sooner time. But I'm here and got it in. That's the last of the origins so every chapter from here on is normal. Hope you enjoy).