Chapter 4.5: Find the Guru

(AUTHOR NOTE: This takes place during chapter 4 as an in between before I do chapter 5).

Anika and mat snuck out of the dorm that night. They escaped the academy and looked around. "All right, let's get searching for where Manny might be" added Anika. "Well I just hope we don't get caught" added mat. The duo checked the message Nikita got. "We just need to backtrace this message to find where it was sent from and we go there" added Anika. They moved quickly and were met by Bri when they reached this shopping center. "Hey sis" added Anika quietly.

Bri hugged both of them happily and giggled. "I've been hearing about your progress, this is the perfect partnership but why did you guys call me, all I was told is you need help with something" she asked. The duo explained about their meeting with Nikita and Safiya and Anika showed the message. "I... Will... Hve... My... Revenge...bich" read Bri. "Well unfortunately by the spacing and stupid grammatical errors you may be looking for a zombie but I believe in you to do this, all right let's go trace it" she said. The trio quickly ran and snuck into a nearby web cafe. "Thank god this one is open" added mat. They got on a computer and bri let anika sit down since anika has the most experience to these things.

Mat was worried a bit. "What's wrong?" Asked Bri. "I'm just worried if he'll recognize me and hate me" responded mat. "You weren't the one who held the gun" added Anika. Mat sighed sitting down. "I guess you're right" he said. Anika tracked the message and nodded before showing them. "I know where that is" added Bri.

The trio took off and bri took them to the location. "The w-woods, oh n-no.." Added Anika scared. Bri pat her sister on the back. "It's ok, the three of us will be fine" she said. "If he's somewhere here let's go" added Mat trying to hide he was scared too. Bri handed them flashlights before they shined them around. "M-mat maybe y-you take the l-lead since you kn-know him best" stuttered Anika'. Mat nodded but gulped a bit scared that Manny will hurt him.

However realization hits him over why they're in the woods. "Wait... I know where he is!" Added mat. "You do?" Both girls ask. Mat nodded before running one direction saying "this way come on!". Bri and Anika quickly follow before they joined mat and were stunned. " that pile of ash there was for the fire we started while waiting on Joey when he first invited us, and that space there was where the entrance to Everlock appeared, he's here I can feel it" added Mat. They looked around a bit. "You um.. You may be able to draw him out" added Bri.

Mat whimpered a bit before saying "I'm scared...". They hugged him. " We all are, don't worry he won't hurt you, and a little convincing will have him not hurt us either" added Anika. "But... What if we have to fight him?" Asked Mat. "If you have to I'm sure you guys can get through to him" added Bri. The trio froze when they heard groaning close by. "Um... That's not good" added Bri. The trio turned in that direction seeing someone standing nearby, by the rotted flesh and torn up 70's outfit with dried blood this was definitely the missing guru.

"Oh... There he is" added Anika scared. Mat stood up instantly when Manny stumbled closer. "Manny, I know you're a walking corpse but don't you recognize me?" Asked Mat. "It's Matpat he added. Manny just growled slowly moving his head to study a bit. Anika caught something instantly saying, " Wait... Those eyes...I sense darkness still holding onto him, mat we're going to have to get it out" added Anika. Manny pulled mat close and said in a barely audible whisper "Save..me". Mat pulled back and nodded to Anika joining the girls

Bri ran to find some items hoping that may help. "Ready mat?" Asked Anika. "As ready as I'll ever be, let's get a better look at what's holding him" added Mat. They nodded before Anika said game start and mat suddenly disappeared. The area turned into the familiar battlefield causing Manny to be confused. However Anika noticed there was a old fashioned collar around his neck and this black spirit growled looking at them revealing it was a female. "You're no fun, I'm stuck in purgatory so he's all I have left connected to this world" the female spirit said. Anika noticed green writing pop up on her wristband.

She checked to see the words, "I know that voice, that's Lucy the carnival master's numero uno and the final monster we had to face before taking on the big boss, let me out as Madpat... She deserves a dose of payback" written on it. Anika nodded and messed with the bracelet before it flashed 'error Madpat.exe activated'. "You won't win this one lady, and we'll get Manny freed, but allow me to introduce someone to do it" stated Anika. "Activate the shadow games, game on Madpat" she said before glitched purple streams appeared and Madpat stood ready to go. "ωєℓℓ ιf σиℓу нє ℓєт мє συт ωнєи ωє fιяѕт fσυgнт уσυ" added Madpat giggling insanely. Manny and Lucy were both stunned before going for the strike. "You got them!" Added Anika. Madpat nodded and attacked back.

"You're that detective!" Added Lucy. "єн уєαн αи∂ иσ, ι'м мσяє нιѕ єνιℓ ѕι∂є"added Madpat. He summoned his dark magic. "αи∂ иσω ѕαу gσσ∂вує тσ уσυя ℓαѕт ¢σииє¢тισи тσ тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂!" He yelled. He sent it out as a beam of purple light that disintegrated the collar and made Lucy disappear. Manny unfortunately was still stuck in a zombified state but he held his head. "Madpat game over" added Anika before everything vanished and Mat was there instead. Mat ran over to Manny and hugged him.

"I don't know how you got out but I'm glad you did even though you're like this currently" added Mat. Manny was crying a bit a looked at mat sadly. "What's wrong?" Asked Mat. Manny lifted his hand and placed it on his throat in response and then touched his head before putting it down. "He can't speak and he's lacking a few memories" added Anika. Mat was stunned looking at him. Manny got his phone out before typing something and then hit the microphone. "T͛h͛e͛ c͛o͛l͛l͛a͛r͛ w͛a͛s͛ s͛t͛r͛o͛n͛g͛e͛r͛ t͛h͛e͛n͛ n͛o͛r͛m͛a͛l͛ a͛s͛ w͛a͛s͛ t͛h͛e͛ d͛a͛r͛k͛ e͛n͛e͛r͛g͛y͛ f͛r͛o͛m͛ t͛h͛a͛t͛ n͛i͛g͛h͛t͛m͛a͛r͛e͛ t͛o͛w͛n͛, I͛'m͛ d͛a͛m͛a͛g͛e͛d͛ *d͛o͛t͛d͛o͛t͛d͛o͛t͛* I͛ w͛i͛l͛l͛ a͛s͛s͛u͛r͛e͛ y͛o͛u͛ I͛ d͛o͛ r͛e͛m͛e͛m͛b͛e͛r͛ y͛o͛u͛ m͛a͛t͛" the female digital voice said for him.

Mat gasped a bit about to cry before saying, "oh god I'm so sorry" he said. Manny typed something else before having it read again "w͛h͛o͛ a͛r͛e͛ t͛h͛o͛s͛e͛ t͛w͛o͛ w͛i͛t͛h͛ y͛o͛u͛, a͛n͛d͛ w͛h͛a͛t͛ w͛a͛s͛ t͛h͛a͛t͛ b͛a͛t͛t͛l͛e͛?" It said. Mat chuckled awkwardly before explaining it and introducing Bri and Anika. Bri offered a place near the academy she knew about where Manny could stay hidden so no one gets frightened. Taking up on the offer mat and Anika helped him there before he was inside. "I'll stay with him, you two get back to the academy for now and stop by when you can" added Bri. Mat and Anika hugged Manny and he hugged back before the duo left.

(Author note!!!!

Ok side mission done. Next will be back on the main story.

But I'll make clear that this won't be the only side mission obviously. But for now next part done and hope you enjoy)