Chapter 33

Christy's POV.

I sat on my bed the following morning, listening to the reactions of my girlfriends. I had just told them what Henrik went through and they had different things to say.

"It's not fair, what he had to go through," Steph said. She has been sober since she heard it.

"As in eh, it's not fair oo, I mean that Amanda what if she died, how would she have felt if someone did the same to her son." Edwina remarked.

"Seriously the woman wicked Sha, how could she flog a little white boy with cane, when I'm sure his own mother didn't even scold him. Hmm! She's lucky I'm not Henrik's mother oo, for if I were, we will all die there. What kind of rubbish is that? What kind of death is that that somebody will die and another person will come and start maltreating your child for you and you did not know how to come out of your grave and kill the person's son? Me I can't. If I were Henrik's mother, I would have killed that woman's child and even make her barren. Am I a Yoruba girl for nothing?" Tiwa said. She didn't take it funny either.

"But that does not give him enough reason to hate a whole race, I mean, your mom died, ehen? An African woman became your step mom, maltreated you, sent you to Africa where you went and used your eyes to see your ears, ehen? Should that make you hate a whole race?" Mercy asked a question that might lead to her death, it was obvious she still hated Henrik for what he did at her party.

"Ah ah which kind talk be that one? (What are you even saying?)" Stephanie asked surprised at Mercy's remark.

"The man was broken, he has been broken for years don't you pity him?" Stephanie asked with her voice rising by the minute. One would think she was related to Henrik with the way she reacted.

"Which kind yeye pity and yeye broken? (What do you mean pity and broken?) So because he is broken everybody should follow him and break or everybody should die? I'm not buying that please. His step mother sent him to school in Nigeria and you know that in Nigeria, white kids are almost worshipped. So where is the punishment in that? If it's about him feeling rejected so what? Haven't I felt rejected before or have you guys forgotten my own story? My step mother used to put atarado pepper in my eyes anytime I was found wanting, yet I don't hate yoruba people and this one is coming to tell me nonsense." She concluded with a hiss and left my room.

"Mercy chill oo," Edwina said adjusting her legs on the bed.

"Mercy abeg go and sit down what kind of a human being are you?(Mercy please drop it) Everybody knows you were so stubborn when you were little so even atarado pepper is not enough for you." Tiwa said after her.

"So what if I was stubborn? I was a child wasn't I?" Mercy shouted back with something else in her voice.

"Guys, guys maybe you should just let her be. You know what she went through right?" I said trying to stop the arguments that was brewing.

"My point exactly, she's supposed to understand Henrik's situation and not judge him." Tiwa said and clicked her tongue.

"But still...I feel for him, I even feel like hugging him right now. Christy I hope you hugged him when he finished telling you his story?" Stephanie asked with a very pitiful look like she wanted to cry immediately.

"Christy hug for you? When she must have been crying with him?" Edwina said in lighter tone.

"Chai,(it's a pity)" Steph commented again and picked up her phone which seemed suspicious to us.

"What are you doing with your phone? Edwina asked looking at her questionably.

"I want to call him," she said pouting as she scrolled through her phone.