Chapter 7

Hello readers❤️❤️❤️ how are we celebrating??? I hope we're having the most fun and I hope we're getting ready for the new year. Anyway, this is another chapter for you. Enjoy 😊😊😊😊😊❤️❤️❤️❤️🤩🤗

Christy's POV.

"You talk too much," He said staring at my lips. The whole place had become so quiet and the only noise I heard were our breathing. I felt a feeling of anger rise up as I remembered this guy had just called me a whore. I pulled my head back a little to get a better view of him as I told him,

"If you try anything inappropriate with me I'd slap you, whether or not you're my boss." That did it. He chuckled and released me.

"You'd really do that?" He asked taking his seat on his desk and looking at me.

"I wasn't joking," I said straightening out my clothes.

"I wouldn't want to risk that, now go clean the conference room, return the table and chairs back to the store room." He said getting up from his desk to his chair.

"What?" I asked as my eyes followed his every movement.

"Didn't you hear me?" He asked looking up at me from his chair and daring me to argue. I swallowed a retort a number of times and thought of a better way to appeal to him.

"Sir, I heard you, but I don't think I can do it eh? Look at the time it's almost closing time. I skipped lunch today because of that same room I don't think I have the energy to do what you're asking me, please." I ended with a plea so that at least he'd consider.

"Incompetent, irresponsible, useless. That's what you are. If you cannot do the job you quit." He said with every form of hatred in him.

"But Sir this wasn't what I signed up for now, this wasn't in my job description. This is another person's job you're asking me to do please kwanu." I pleaded some more because I really didn't have the energy to do what he was asking or to be rude to him. I really needed his reconsideration.

"You're dismissed, Ms. Good heart." He said and faced his laptop.

I pulled my tired legs out of his office into room 48 for the second time that day. I sighed as I calculated the distance between the store room and the conference room. I pulled the table and chairs so carefully so as not to break the tiles. When I was done, I could hardly feel my body. I managed and went back to my desk to take my bag and leave. I checked my boss's office and realized that he had left. I couldn't help but feel disgusted at his attitude. He couldn't even wait till I was done so that he'd at least offer me a ride home. But oh well, who am I that he'd do that for? I am just his black assistant who he hates so much.

I got out of the building with absolutely no hope of going home so I dialled Mercy's number.

"Ah ah babe why are you still here?"

"Let's get into the car first." I said weakly and got into the car. When I got into the car, I sank into seat leaning deeply to be comfortable.

"Here," Mercy said giving me a bottled water she had.

"So what are you still doing here by this time. See the time it's past seven now." She asked out of concern removing some dirts from my hair and arranging it the best she could.

"Can you imagine," I said gulping down a large quantity of water, "That yeye(stupid) man asked me to move those table and chairs back to the store room."

"Which table and chairs? The one used for the meeting?" She asked collecting the bottle from me and closing it.

"The very same." I replied feeling my exhaustion spread through my whole body.