Chapter 3

Helllllloooooo, I hope you enjoyed the previous chapter. Let me know what you think about this one too. Enjoy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Christy's POV.

I followed the new Mr. Wright closely behind him but not to close as we left the conference Hall. The older Mr. Wright had left as soon as the meeting was over and Mercy and I parted after the meeting too. The elevator doors opened as we reached his office's floor. He stepped into his office and closed the doors immediately leaving me by my desk. I gave a loud hiss which I have been holding for so long as I dropped my bag on my desk. I sat comfortably and kicked off my shoes and wriggled my toes as I stretched my body letting out a yawn. I cracked a few bones before I could finally feel relief rush through me. I took a look at my desk admiring it as I ran my hands through it's fine leather. I picked up the laptop that laid by the side and brought it closer to my nose to smell it and boy it smelt like money. I quietly dropped it to prevent it from breaking. I started going through the books on my table when I heard the telephone ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Come in, immediately." He ordered. I got up wore my shoes and straighten my skirt wondering what exactly was his reason for calling me. I knocked on his door and heard his reply before I entered.

He stood by his desk with his hands in his pocket and the arm of his shirt folded to his ulna. He stood like he was a model taking pictures, watching me for what felt like forever before he took in a sharp breath and asked,

"What is your first name?" God I wasn't expecting that. What the hell does he need that for?

"Sir?" I needed to be sure I heard him correctly. He didn't reply instead he just pierced me with his orbs.

"Christy Sir, Christiana." I replied quickly.

"Christiana when I call you, I expect you answer immediately and when I ask you a question, I don't expect a question in response. Is that understood?" He asked me circling me as he did so.

"Yes Sir," I replied beginning to feel conscious of myself as he moved.

"I'm going to address you as Christiana. Your heart obviously isn't good so I'm not going to call you Ms. Good heart. So tell me, how exactly did you get my dad to hire you?" He asked and stop directly behind me as he waited for an answer.

"I–"

"Did you entice him with this heavy behind of yours?" He whispered in my ears and I felt the hairs on my back stand up. I pulled my self together and quickly moved away from that position so that I'd see him properly.

"No Sir, I didn't do anything special to get the job. I qualified for it and I got it." I answered and with a clenched fist which subsided the anger I felt and I stared at him right in his face to let him know I wasn't intimidated by him.

"What part of Africa did you crawl out from?" He rather asked.

"Excuse me?" How dare this man.

"Don't irritate me any further Christiana," he warned.

"Nigeria in West Africa, Sir." I replied and released my fist. Realizing getting angry at him wasn't the best. I gave a little smile and looked up at him and saw the look he gave me. One of hatred and hurt but more on the hatred part. I honestly don't get this guy.

He blinked off the look immediately and pointed at his desk.

"Arrange these files in alphabetical order. Do it properly, I don't want any mistakes."

"Yes Sir," I said and moved over to his desk to get the files. I pulled out a chair and sat down to begin the work assigned to me, only I didn't land on the chair, I landed on the floor.