Chapter 26

Happy new month guys and Merry Christmas in Addy😇😇

Christy's POV.

I walked back to the kitchen to drop the plates some exiting customers left and to carry the food of waiting customers.

"Christy, I want to go out for a minute, could you help me attend to that customer on table number 7?" Lizzy, my colleague turned friend asked.
I wasn't sure about that so,

"I don't think so, I have a lot of orders on my neck. I don't want anybody screaming at me," I said as I carried another customer's order.

"Please Christy, it's really important I step out. I've already set his order just take it to him for me please?" Lizzy pleaded seriously when I returned to carry another plate, hoping I'd help her.

"Fine, who is the person?" I asked grudgingly.

"The guy at table 7, he just started frequenting this place and we don't want to disappoint him now, do we?" She asked playfully and I shot her a glare.

"Sorry, and thanks in advance," she smiled and ran out through the back door which was meant for workers. I rolled my eyes and opened the plate which contained; Chile-Lime tilapia with corn saute before carrying it to table 7. As I approached the table, I noticed the man seating there had his head buried in a magazine; a business magazine to be precised. He sat alone without even opening his drink.

He's probably waiting for someone.

I finally found my way to his table and set his food down.

"Should I help you open your wine, Sir?" I asked as part of the restaurant's ethics, and he hummed in reply.  I lifted the bottle up to open it and as I was still struggling with the cork of the bottle, I noticed he put his magazine down and watched me. His Cologne filled my nostrils making me more uncomfortable because that cologne seemed awfully familiar. His stare distracted me so much that I feared I might drop the bottle carelessly on the ground.

"Easy, Christiana before you spill the drink on me,"

POP!

And the drink opened. I looked at the person who called me 'Christiana' because I know only one person who does that.

Mr. Wright!

I felt my blood leave my face and I felt a little lightheaded. Why in the world would Mr. Wright be the owner of the wine I'm popping? I asked myself a thousand times.

Snap! Snap! Snap!

I heard someone snap his fingers bringing me back to the present.

"Are you going to pour my drink or stand there forever?" He asked with amusement laced in his voice. I felt very embarrassed. Why is he here? Is he following me? Does he know I worked for Killian? Does he know what Killian tried to do with me? Did Killian tell him? Has he replaced me? Why did he try to convince me into working for him? And in a seducing way? All these and more kept running through my mind. I was so distracted that I didn't notice when the glass got filled and the wine started to pour on the table, and even on the ground.

"Christiana!" He called with such a low but stern voice trying not to draw attention but at the same time bringing me back to my senses.

"Are you that excited to see me?" He asked as I tried to clean the table with the towel I carried about.