Chapter 9

Happy New March to us all I hope we have an amazing month ahead. This is another awesome chapter for you awesome readers❤️❤️❤️ I hope you enjoy it, leave a comment for me and vote. Bye 🤗🤗 🤗😘😘😘.

Henrik's POV.

The chiming of the elevator caught my attention and I turned to see what was going on. I called Christiana as I noticed what she was about to do. She murmured something with so much hatred in her chocolate orbs as the doors of the elevator closed. I sighed in exhaustion as I got into the house. Caroline had already fallen asleep so I just covered her properly on the bed before picking up my car keys to head out.

The storm wasn't making it easy for me to see clearly as I drove in search of my black assistant. It's true I didn't care about her or whatever it was she chose to do but right now, I felt responsible for her knowing it was I who asked her to deliver those files to my house. I drove up to the office yet I couldn't find her, she couldn't have gone far so I wondered where she was. The cold this night is not something someone no matter who should be exposed to. I sighed in defeat as I drove back to my house.

–––––––

I woke up with my muscles aching like I was in the ring last night, my itchy eye poured water freely like I was a two year old crying for cookies. I sniffled a little as I got up to prepare for the day. No doubt the cold from last night left a mark in it's wake.

I sipped the last of my hot coffee and made to leave the house.

"Henrik," I heard someone call and I turned to see who. It was Caroline and I had totally forgotten she was around, the thoughts of the kind of punishment I wanted to dish out to my assistant filled my head that I completely forgot about Care. I sighed and walked up to her.

"Hey," I greeted and lifted up my hand to caress her face holding my coat in the other hand. Her face looked worried and that brought an ache to my chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked searching her face for an answer.

"I should be asking you that question Rick, are you okay?" She asked taking me off guard completely.

"Me?" I asked letting my hand drop as I wondered what she was talking about.

"You were sneezing all through the night, did you catch a cold?" She asked staring at me suspiciously.

"Oh! I guess I did, we got back late last night didn't we?" I replied with a crossed finger hoping she doesn't remember anything from last night.

"Yes we did," she said and took my arm leading me to the table.

"That reminds me Rick, about last night, who was that girl?"

I shut my eyes and cursed silently, I thought she was too drunk to remember.

"What girl?" I pretended.

"The angry black girl we met when we came in last night."

"I thought you were too drunk to notice."

"Well not too drunk to see the fury in her eyes nor hear the anger in her voice."

"Ah Care, you worry too much, she's no one." I said hoping she wouldn't prolong this matter.

"She's not no one Rick otherwise you wouldn't have gone to look for her after tucking me in."

"What?" I asked really surprised.

"Come on Rick I know you left to find her and I'm sure that's how you got this cold. So who is she?"

"Uh," I sighed, "She's my assistant."

"Okay, so what was she doing here?" She demanded.

"Okay, Care, long story short. I asked her to deliver some files to my house and I totally forgot about her."

"You forgot about her? How do you forget a human being you asked to do something for you?" She asked obviously displeased.

"Care you called me, I couldn't leave you to attend to someone else, you come first."

"Oh please don't give me that. You were already at the bar when I called you so don't you dare play on my conscience," she paused and took in a sharp breathe before continuing, "Why did you leave her here on purpose knowing there was a storm ahead?" She asked with so much pain I couldn't help but feel bad too but I wondered why it touched her so much.

"What does it matter Care?" I asked feeling exhausted from the conversation.

"Why are you doing this Henrik?" She started and I knew it was going to take forever to get her to stop.

"Why do you continue to do this? She's not her Rick, not anyone of them is her! So please stop trying to punish them because of her." She concluded with a few tears dropping from her eyes.

"I have to go Care." I told her and placed a kiss on her cheek and left.

Hiii😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Why do you think Henrik is avoiding this conversation? Who do you think Caroline is? Tell me what you think in the comment section and remember to tap the star button. Bye❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️