Chapter 21

Christy's POV

The next day, I woke up with something on my mind like a reminder but I couldn't remember what it was. I didn't let it bother me. I went about my normal activities after all I needed to get to work on time. Then it struck me, I am supposed to turn in my resignation letter today. I am so excited.

I arrived earlier than usual today and I bet a lot of people would be wondering why. If only they knew how excited I was to leave this job especially now I have a cool amount of hundred thousand dollars chilling in my account. I entered my office for the last time and sat down on my extremely comfortable chair which I am just realizing by the way. I began writing my resignation letter and when I was through, I went to Mr. Wright's door and knocked on it.

"Come in." He said.

"Good morning Sir," I greeted him but he didn't reply which was expected.

"You are early today, why is that?" He asked without looking up. Its good he realized that I'm not a late comer.

"Well, it's good. I need coffee this minute go get me a cup." He ordered.

"Sir," I said placing my letter on his desk.

"What's that?" He asked still typing away on his computer.

"My resignation letter sir," he stopped typing and looked up at me for a few seconds before continuing his work.

"I'm not accepting that." He said and resuming his work.

"That's your problem not mine." I said taking a few steps back.

"I don't need this right now, there is a lot that needs to be done your early morning drama is quite applaudable so stop it right now and get back to work!" He ordered angrily.

"You can't tell me what I can or cannot do again Mr. Wright! I cease this moment to be your employee. You can say whatever it is you want to say to the new white secretary you would get." I said and turned to leave but was stopped by a grip on my hand. I turned and saw Mr. Wright holding me.

When did he get here?

"Mr. Wright!" I said when his grip on my hand started to hurt me.

"Mi amico!" He said moving closer to me. I was right in front of the door so there was no space for me to move back like in the movies where the exceptionally fine guys move closer to the girls they term prey and the girls move back. He became close too close for my own comfort.

"Why do you want to leave?" He asked with a low sexy voice looking into my eyes. Charming me. Since when did I know a voice is sexy??

"I...I..." I had forgotten what I wanted to say this man really is casting a spell on me.

"Is it something I did?" He asked coming closer his breathe all over me.

Oh my god!

"Is it something I'm doing?" He asked this time bringing his hands to my face raising it up for me to look at him. His hand was cool against my face. My face was up but I couldn't look at him my heart was beating like crazy. What the hell is wrong with me? I thought I was immune to this man.

"You haven't answered me." He said making me look up at him through my long lashes. Since when did I become this short?

"Do you really want leave?" He asked caressing my face a little.

"Yes," I murmured looking down.

"Then get OUT!" He said sternly with a low voice which gave me the shock of my life releasing me from the spell he cast on me. I looked up at him and saw evil in his eyes. It was so terrifying I quickly turned to leave but was stopped by his voice.