Chapter 22

The next day,

I decided to check out the post of the personal assistant in Malcolm's enterprise. So I decided to arrive early just to fulfil all righteousness.

"Good morning ma'am," I greeted the receptionist on the counter as I entered the building.

"Good morning and how may I help you?" She asked coolly which again encouraged me.

"Yes, please I'd like to see Mr. Malcolm." I said.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked.

"Not a written one," I said because truly our appointment is written.

"I'm sorry ma'am but if your appointment isn't written you can't see him, he is in a meeting right now."

"Okay not a problem at all, I'll wait for him." I said not ready to be sent out.

"Listen ma'am, we don't let people hang around the premises without a purpose. I'd advice you book an appointment with him and come back anytime you are to meet him." She said.

"I understand you have a job to do and keep the same way I do but I guess my own purpose is more relevant because when my boss finds out you kept me from meeting with your boss, you might lose your job." I said taking a good standing position. Its not everyday one gets employed as Mr. Wright's PA so let me use him just this once.

"Who the hell are you to be talking to me that way? And who the hell is your boss?" She asked at once getting annoyed.

"Well, I am Mr. Henrik Wright's personal assistant and he sent me here for an urgent meeting with Mr. Malcolm." I said straightening my shoulders.

"Oh, okay, you can seat down there and wait till he's out of the meeting." She said recoiling. Such power that name carries with it.

I sat down in reception hall waiting for hours till Killian was through with his meeting.

"You can go in now, he's free." The receptionist said.

"Okay, Which way?" I asked getting up.

"Floor fifty-seven first door by your right." She said and I left.

I entered the elevator to the fifty seventh floor. Every where was so classy. I went to the right and saw his door with his name written boldly on it; 'Killian Malcolm' I knocked twice on it before I heard a response and I entered.

"Ah, the lovely Tiana, its a pleasure to have you here." Killian said getting up and stretching his hands for a handshake.

"Good morning sir," I said putting my hand in his palm.

"Good morning please have a seat." He said gesturing to a seat after planting a kiss at the back of my hand.

"Thank you." I said seating down.

"I hope the fair Rosy treated you nicely?" He asked.

"Rosy?" I asked some what confused.

"The lady on the counter." He said when he noticed my confusion.

"Oh, yes she tried her best not to get me upset."

"Okay so what do I offer you? We have wine, juice and water. Which do you prefer?" He asked with his strong accent.

"Orange juice would be fine thank you." I said.

"Okay I'll have it ordered right a way." He said and made a phone call. Few minutes later, the drinks arrived.

"So to what do I owe the visit? Did Henrik send you?" He asked.

"No, he didn't and speaking of him, I came because, I left his company and I wonder if there is still the vacancy as your personal assistant." I said hoping he wouldn't turn me down.