Chapter 2

Hello beautiful people, this is the second edited chapter, let me know what you think😘😘😘😘

Christy's POV.

I quickly shut my mouth that was a little open in shock to listen to what Mr. Wright was saying. He got up from his chair and walked over to his son who was still glaring at me. I took the bold step of letting my eye take a look at him. His blue orbs held so much fury that I began to wonder if we've had any other meeting besides the incident this morning. Deciding that some rich white kid wasn't going to ruin my day I gave a low hiss and paid more attention to what Mr. Wright was saying.

"...so like I told you earlier, I was just telling her about you, I trust you both are going to work well together so, Ms. Good heart, my son Henrik and son your very own personal assistant, Ms. Good heart." The old man concluded with a cheerful smile on his face that I couldn't help but reciprocate. I looked at my new boss and cleared my throat.

"It's nice to meet you Sir and I look forward to working with you," No I wasn't but I wasn't going to say that.

I gave my nicest smile with my hand stretched waiting for him to receive it and return the favor, but instead he glared at me with so much hate looking like he had a lot of things to say to me before he took in a sharp breath and released it looking directly at his father.

"Dad," he started lowly with a voice that sounded so deep but so low at the same time. This wasn't the first time I heard his voice but some how I wanted him to keep talking just so that I could hear more of his voice.

"How would you hire a black person to be my personal assistant in my company? He asked with a lot of emphasis on the 'black' word. And I stood watching him and feeling the anger I felt for him at the confrontation in the morning come back.

"Son what is wrong with a black person being your assistant?" Like yes! What is wrong with that? I mentally asked him as I placed one hand on my hips and faced him waiting for an answer.

"Every bloody thing is wrong dad, I don't want a black person as my assistant, matter of fact I don't want a black person working here." I felt my eye brows arch at his stupid reply. Who in this 21st century is still a racist?

"Henrik, listen I don't see any thing wrong with her or any other person here being black, they are the best we've got and you know how long most of them have being with us. So firing them isn't a wise thing to do."

"Of course you wouldn't," Henrik muttered under his breath rolling his eyes and I stood wondering what exactly his problem was.

"This thing here, just got employed so I don't see why I should work with her when I don't like her." Henrik said trying to bore a hole in my face with his eye balls. My nose flared at the mention of the word 'thing' and I so wanted to leave my five fingers in his face.

"Henrik, you're going to behave yourself and let Ms. Good heart be your assistant is that understood?" Older Mr. Wright asked in an even more dangerous voice than that of his son giving him also a look that matched his and I saw Henrik lower his eyes after a long hard stare and he murmured.

"Yes Sir." So he can actually mellow down? I thought.

"Good, we have a board room of workers waiting for us better not keep them waiting." Mr. Wright said and led us out of the office. We stepped out of the office and came across a little desk with a laptop and some books on it and we paused.

"Ms. Good heart, this will be your own desk is that understood?" Mr. Wright asked pointing at the desk.

"Yes Sir," I murmured.

The elevator doors opened and ushered us into a hall filled with people. The members of the staff and I think some board of directors. We walked in like important people even though I knew we were important I mean, the CEO of the company and the would be CEO just graced their midst so of course they were important. I saw the way everyone looked at us more at Henrik, some female workers battled their eyelids at him giving him seductive smiles, some were whispering to themselves about God knows what while some just looked at him plainly. I searched for Mercy with my eyes and I found her by the corner. She winked at me and I at her as I found my way to where she was standing. Henrik Wright went to the front and took his seat while his father climbed the podium.

Mr. Wright held up his hands to keep everyone quiet before he began his speech.

"Good morning ladies and gents," He began and stepped away from the mic to clear his throat.

"Today, I must say is a very important day. As must of you know today is thirty-fifth birthday day of this company," he stopped to let the applause that began after his statement subside.

"First of all giving thanks to the Almighty for all His benevolent blessings on us, I want to thank each and every one of you who has put in everything to make sure we are where we are today. On that note, I'd like to announce to us that today being the 23th of April, I would be stepping down as the CEO of The Wrights Corporation for my son whom I have groomed so well and who I am so proud of. Ladies and Gentlemen join me as I welcome my son, Mr. Henrik Wright." There were shouts of excitement coming from excitement coming from different angles everyone clapped some whistled and other produced sounds that only God knows how they did it, as Mr. Henrik Wright stepped forward. His father beamed with pride as Henrik climbed the podium and embraced his father. His father hugged him and stepped aside from the mic to enable him have access to it. Henrik stood by the mic and watched as the shouts of excitement continued. He let his eyes scan through the crowd as though he was either looking for someone or checking out the population. His eyes landed on mine and darkened before leaving to continue the scan. I rolled my eyes and continued clapping my hands like the person I was clapping for didn't just give me a scary look.

He tapped the mic a little bit as though he was testing but we knew it was his own way of quieting us so we stopped the clapping.

"Good morning everyone, I must say it is an honor to walk the path my father did and it is also an honor to be found worthy of this position. I promise not to let you down dad," He said and looked at his father who in turn smiled and patted him on his back a little.

"I also want to appreciate you for working hard with my father and I trust you'd work the same way with me," He paused, "That being said, I'd like you all to refer to me as Mr. Wright, not Mr. Wright Jr and let me make something very clear," the tone of his voice changed as the hall became so quiet. "I absolutely do not like irresponsibility and indiscipline around me so if I find such in any one of us here, I don't care how long you've been here I'd fire you. Is that clear?" He asked with so much terror in his voice that I saw some people cowering in fear. I mentally pitied myself for being so unfortunate to be working directly under this beast of a boss.

Hi guys, so there that's the second edited chapter. Please tell me what you think in the comment section, don't forget to vote and share. Stay safe and God bless you ❤️❤️❤️