Chapter 25

So because today is my birthday, I decided to share my love. God bless November. And to all my beautiful readers, I can't ask for better ones. You guys are the best. So please enjoy and vote.

Christy's POV,

I sat down on my bed going through everything that had just happened. From the laughing and smiling in fancy restaurants and hotels to nearly being raped. I'm grateful that that pig didn't have his way with me and that despite all these I still retained my common sense. At least, my house rent has being paid for twelve months so I don't have to be afraid of this new landlord. My refrigerator is filled to the brim so I don't have to fear any form of hunger or starvation for a while but when that while is over what next? I asked myself..

I need to look for a job. But which firm would employ me? I have left two powerful companies that people would kill and die for all because of the horrible owners. Which company owned by a white man has nice bosses? Maybe I should just go back to Nigeria a lot of companies would employ me but the pay won't be fat.

Two weeks later,
I'm still roaming the streets of NY in search of a descent job with descent managers who wouldn't want to take advantage of me and my joblessness.

As I crossed the streets,  I watched a woman place a notice in front of a huge restaurant.

This might be my lucky chance!!

I entered the restaurant and met with the person in charge, all protocols were observed and to the glory of God, I was hired and asked to resume immediately.

A week later,

Henrik's POV,

"Hey bro," I heard a voice greet. A voice I haven't heard in almost four months just because a black woman left my company.

"Kelvin, good to know that map leading to the company is still in your head! I thought you lost it." I said not looking away from my work.

"Chill out bro, I'm here aren't I?" He asked taking a seat..

"What do you want?" I asked finally looking away from my work and looking at him.

"What's your problem bro? I can't decide to visit the company or what?" He asked leaning into the chair.

"I don't have time for this Kelvin, state your mission and leave." I said as I resumed my work.

"Guess who I saw the other day?" He asked like what I said a while ago was trash.

"I don't care." I said plainly.

"Oh you should." He pressed on with a voice that said I should really care.

"Why?"

"Because it is an important person I saw," He said excitement crawling up his sleeves.

"Just how important?" I asked flatly to show how uninterested I was to his message.

"Very important," he said

"So important that he can bring more money to my company?"

"She, actually." He said.

"Who then?" Who could she be? I wondered as I paused my work and leaned forward to pay him attention.

"Christy," he said smiling like that single name is supposed to light up my world and I forgot a great urge to kiss my teeth the way Christiana does.

"Who?" I asked like I didn't hear him.

"Christiana Good heart." He said like calling her full name is supposed to excite me.

"So?" I asked typing away on my keyboard.

"So, she looked really nice." He commented.

When has she not?   I nearly asked.

"And?" I asked uninterestedly.

"And rich bro, she really looked fancy, better than how she looked when she worked here."

Ouch!

"And I saw the ride she came with, very classy. I'd say her status has been upgraded. That life picked her up nicely after you threw her away." He said giving me an eye roll.

"Well that's good for her," I said nonchalantly.

"Is that all you've got to say?" He asked like he expected a speech from me.

"What else am I supposed to say?" I asked him.

"I expect something better than 'that's good for her' like you are supposed to ask me the type of ride she came in and stuffs like that." He concluded.

"I don't have time for that and I don't care, she can ride whatever type of car she feels like I don't care." I hoped that got into his skull.

"Aren't you wondering how she got the money?" He asked doesn't he quit?

"I'm not," I said flatly hoping my attitude would discourage him.

"Why aren't you?"

"Because I DON'T CARE!" I nearly shouted.

"Chill out bro, I'm only praying she didn't get married to the guy responsible for her glamour.

"Oh don't bother, Killian would never marry her." I said as a matter of fact.

"Killian? As in Killian Malcolm?" He asked adjusting on his seat.

"Did you just say Killian? She works for Killian Malcolm?" He repeated like an idiot.

"How many questions would you ask me at once? I'm trying to concentrate here."

"Screw you and your concentration!" He nearly turned my desk over in his rage.

"How could you let her work for Killian? Why did you let go of her in the first place?" He asked angrily.

"Excuse me did I tie her legs? She left on her own what was I supposed to do?"

"Convince her into staying!"

"There are a lot of jobless people out there she can be easily replaced."

"Yet you haven't replaced her." He said then paused for a while.

"Did you just say she left on her own?" He asked me out of nowhere.

"You told me you fired her now you're telling me she left on her own. Henrik which really happened?" He asked with a very serious tone.

"How does that concern you?" I asked because I really don't see the point he his trying to make.

"Henrik, you still can't deal with someone leaving you? After all this time?" He asked and that does it.

"Kelvin, I'm not ready for your dramas if you're done telling me what you are here for, you can leave." I said looking away from him to continue with my work.

He was quiet for a while before he got up to leave.

Next chapter coming right up! Stay tuned!!