Chapter 1

Good morning beautiful people, I want to say a big thank you for checking out my book. I hope you have a beautiful read, do well to comment, vote and share, they mean a lot to me. And also this is the edited version so I hope you enjoy it even better.

PS. Please don't try to steal my work. I worked very hard to get this done so you coming to steal it is not nice at all.
Okay, that aside now run along this book will not read itself 😊😊😊😊

Christy's POV.

Finally, the dawn of a new day with the excitement of getting the job I dreamed of. Working as the personal assistant to Mr. Wright, in the Wrights' Corporation. I sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling, giving a prayer of thanks to the Almighty, when my eyes landed on my wall clock. It read 7:15am. Jesus Christ! Today being my first day at work, I needed to make an impression, I have done my homework enough to know that the Wrights' Corporation don't tolerate indiscipline. I'm not about to lose my job on the first day because of my lateness and not to mention the fact that they rarely hire people from my race, I mean who doesn't hire black people these days? Well thank God my best friend and I are among the very few to be employed in this company.

I climbed down from the bus I was in and took the regular breath-in-breath-out exercise. Who knew I was this nervous. I wiped my sweaty palms on my skirt and made to cross to the other side of the road when a black Ford nearly crushed me. I held my hands to my chest like that would keep the skipping heart from leaving my chest. I opened my closed eyes and lifted them to behold the man that stepped out of the car. His face held no apologies as a matter of fact, his face fummed with a lot of disgust that almost made me puke. Excuse me, I nearly got hit and Mr. Driver is looking at me like it's my fault he can't see.

I nearly gave him what was due for him but remembering I had no time I gave a loud hiss and made to enter the building when I heard him say,

"You black and blind can't you watch where you are going?"

What? Am I dreaming or did this man just call me black and blind on my first day at work? I turned and saw him giving me a death glare like, if looks could kill I would be a corpse by now. Can you imagine?

"You demonic son of a bitch that was sent to confuse me this morning go tell your queen mother that even my shadow you didn't see, nonsense." I said and entered inside. God knows I shouldn't be exchanging words with people on my first day but some people are just temptations on two legs.

The chime sound from the elevator made me realize that I had arrived on the expected floor. I pulled out my phone to call Mercy my best friend who also a black person working here when I heard her voice.

"Babe!" She called with a lot of excitement in her voice as she made her way towards me.

"How far?" She asked giving me a warm hug.

"Babe, I dey," I said and let out some air I didn't know I was holding as I let my eye scan the building for the umpteenth time.

"What's that one you're doing are you afraid or something that looks like it?" She asked me giving me a look.

"Babe, no be say I dey fear, I just..." I started but trailed off as I couldn't come up with what exactly I was feeling.

"Abegi jare!! Is it not human beings that work here? Come jare." She said and led me to where I supposed was my boss's office.

"Enter, that's your oga's office. I'd be in my office. See you lera muah!" She said and left me all to myself with a part of me wishing she wouldn't go.
I cleared my throat and placed a knock on the door waiting for a reply.

"Come in," I heard the rough voice of the old man order me in so I entered. The office was so large and exquisite with a very wonderful decor that I almost imagined how wonderful heaven would be if somebody's office on earth was like this.

"Good morning Sir," I greeted finally after taking in the view.

"How do you do Ms. Good heart?" The old man asked me with a warm smile playing on his lips.

"Very well Sir," I said and subconsciously bent my knee a little in greetings. Being a good girl won't kill me I swear.

"How do you feel about your first day?" He asked paying so much attention to me that I almost wanted to cry.

"Honestly, I'm glad I got the job but right now I'm a bit nervous." I said truthfully, wiping my hands on my skirt again.

"There's no need to worry my dear, we all are human beings, there's no beast or demons here so relax," he said soothingly that I almost held my chest to be dramatic. But I did relax. Thank God for that.

He got up from his chair and moved to a cabinet by the side and took a book from it while I watched.

"You see my dear, I'm an old man in his seventies and because of that, I've decided to go on retirement and enjoy my old age. I mean, I didn't enjoy my youth because I was busy running a company so now I've achieved that I have to enjoy my old age, don't you think so?"

"Yes sir," I replied, listening with rapt attention to what he was going to say.

"And so because of that, I'd be handing over to someone I know is going to do a better job, with all the advancement in technology and all that. I'd be giving the company to my son, Mr. Henrik Wright. He'd be here shortly." The old man concluded and took his seat again while I stood trying to understand all he has just said. Like why would he retire now I was relaxing in his presence? I was just about to open my mouth to say something when the door to the office opened and as is common with rich people, his cologne filled the room before he stepped in giving off such masculinity that caused people to cower. Turning around to see who my new boss would be, I froze on spot.

Hello hello hello,so there you have it. The first edited chapter,how was it? Did you enjoy it? Please let me know on the comment section.
I love you all❤️❤️❤️❤️