Misplaced Protection Part 67

Scars cloak deactivated. He was walking towards her, right in front of her. Scar picked her up, just as he did when he first returned and appeared to her in the cold. He carried her back towards the cabin.

"Scar..." He didn't answer. She shook his shoulders. "Please..." She whined. He clicked in agitation. She stopped speaking, wiggled her way down his body and rested her head on his chest. He trilled and he purred.

They reached the cabin. Scar locked the doors and added the safeguard to the door for extra precaution and protection, Lex watched him. He wished he'd used it before. He tried to lower her but she whined and fussed, clinging to him. He chittered under his breath.

He reached up and removed his mask. Lex looked into his eyes. They were dark. She frowned and lowered her head. He held his mask and lifted her chin. She reluctantly lifted her head. "Are you alright?" He asked softly. She shook her head. He stared at her. He lowered her quickly before she could protest, then stepped away. He turned his back to her.

Lex stood watching him. He took a deep breath then turned to her. She held her breath. Scar walked to the door. "Scar, please! Talk to me. Please!" She cried. Scar sighed. He turned around to her. "Please...let me walk...allow me to think." "NO!" She shouted. Scar stepped towards her. He growled angrily. "NO! You do not get to walk away! That's such bullshit." He approached her. "Talk, yell, growl all you like but you are not leaving!" She stated calmly.

"Lex...." Vexation laced his words! "No, no leaving, no walking...think all you like but it will be verbally and in this cabin!..." She walked towards him and snatched his mask from his hands. She placed the mask on the kitchen table and turned to study his body language.

Scar stood watching her. "Lex...allow me a moment of solitude." "No..... You're my husband, my mate. I'm your wife! You just.....you just saved me in so many ways. You....killed them, to protect me, to protect us. I can not handle being alone right now and honestly neither can you. So sit down and talk or pace, shit I don't care what you do, just talk! You're just not leaving here!"

He found himself besotted with her. "Sit!" She bellowed. He stood for a few seconds more than sat at the table. She grabbed her head. She was still a bit intoxicated. Scar began to move to her. "No! I'm fine!" She put her hand up signaling for him to stop. He remained seated. He knew she was still feeling the effects of the c'nlip.

"Well...... start!" She insisted. "Lex...I do not..." "Nope! Start again!" He peered up at her and even he could not mask a bit of amusement at her. This tiny ooman held such reign over him. "I do not wish....." "Hold up! Start the fuck over." She raised her hand motioning for him to stop, then begin again. Scar dropped his head to hide his smile and annoyance.

"I.....am angry. I feel rage." He told her clicking. Lex couldn't speak, she saw his eyes darken immediately. She put her head down. "I'm sorry, this is all my fault. I went into town as I've done so many times. I only wanted to grab a few more items. I....met those guys in town. They were trying to hang out. They invited me out for food and beers. Of course, I declined. One of them knew where I lived. It was a very brief encounter. No longer than.....2...3...minutes and it lead to...all of this...to their deaths." "Yes..." He whispered.

"I'm sorry Baby. Please.... Forgive me. Forgive what happened as a result." "It was unfortunate, this was not your fault. They were predators. They were searching for weak prey. Coming here was a mistake, I relished every second of it. They were dead the moment they decided to come here." He told her, his voice sounded menacing and a bit psychotic.

Lex shook her head, Derrick's voice bloomed into her head. The government had name Yautjas, Predators. How ironic for him to use this word. "What else are you....feeling...thinking?" She asked him. "Their words! What they planned to do. What they wanted to do. I felt provoked....CROSS is not an accurate enough word!" He growled trilling angrily.