Separate Journeys Part 21

9 days later.....

Lex arrived in Mexico. The sun and heat felt suffocating! There was a 19 hour trek to the ruins and pyramids. She'd met her travel companions. 3 women, 2 were natives and 7 men. One who'd taken an unwanted liking to her. He was tall, blonde, amazingly annoying and arrogant. This expedition couldn't go fast enough. She decided she would climb by herself from now on. She didn't need to lead expeditions. Maybe Scar would climb with her. He was especially strong. She wouldn't have to teach him much or anything at all quite possibly. She was so horny. Her body was on fire. She was so wet she'd had to stop three times just to check and confirm she wasn't spotting. Her thoughts ran rampant. She constantly touched her necklace. Her hands had begun straying late at night but she wanted to save it all for him. 'Oh my God, when is he returning!'

Scar was a mass of arousal. He'd boarded the young bloods and the mothership followed closely behind his ship. Elder Shomir, was truly understanding of Scars predicament. Which was remarkable in itself. The unblooded would complete their Chiva, Scar would complete his mission and the mothership would take the three back to their base. While Scar was granted a furlough. He would use this gracious gift from Elder Shomir to go directly to Lex.

During their trek, Lex found herself daydreaming, holding her necklace. During her flight to Mexico she couldn't focus. She'd checked her bag at the airport and claimed the combi-stick was a piece of art purchased during her travels.

"We're going to camp out and have a bon fire tonight. There will be drinks, food." Thomas announced breaking her concentration. "Oh no, thank you but I don't drink." Lex spoke sternly. "Oh one drink won't hurt." Thomas pushed. "I do not drink. Especially during expeditions. This is a foreign land and unmarked terrain. Alcohol would be irresponsible, I'm your guide not your friend." Lex said forcefully. "Whoa whoa.....ok, no drink. At least hang out with us tonight." He persisted. "There is another 7 hour trek once we call it a night.

In fact, listen up everyone, gather around! THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL 7 HOUR TREK TOMORROW. WE RISE AT 4AM. THE TERRAIN ACCORDING TO MY NOTES IS TREACHEROUS. SHARP ROCKS AND RAZOR LIKE STONES. I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST AVOIDING ANY ALCOHOL. ANYONE INTOXICATED CAN AND WILL SERIOUSLY HURT THEMSELVES. THE NEAREST HOSPITAL IS 14 HOURS AWAY. IF YOU INJURE YOURSELF MORE THAN A SUPERFICIAL CUT, YOUR SURVIVAL COULD BE PERILOUS. THE INCLINE WILL MAKE IT NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO CARRY ANYONE STILL INTOXICATED, FATIGUED OR DEHYDRATED. THE TEMPERATURES TOMORROW WILL RISE TO 109°F. ALCOHOL WILL DEHYDRATE YOU! SAVE THE ALCOHOL FOR POTENTIAL INJURIES! I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH." Lex spoke with authority. She looked at Thomas and walked past him. "Idiot," she remarked under her breath.

They decided to stop for the evening. Everyone began setting up their tents. Lex moved her tent further away but closer to Holly and the female natives accompanying them to the pyramids. Lex noticed the female natives didn't have anything to lie on. Only a thin blanket. She thought about Scars cape. It would certainly keep her warm. She had her heating pad for when the temperature dropped. She'd brought a small solar panel system with energy cells. It would power her heating pad. It would surely recharge tomorrow in the sweltering sun!

Lex offered the natives her thick blanket and insulated sleeping mat. They were small women. They would both be able to sleep under it. They smiled and accepted the blanket. She referred to her notes. She spoke in their language. "Build you a small fire, keep you warm." They bowed. Lex went about gathering stones and wood. The women made themselves a pallet. Lex started the fire and gathered more twigs. She pointed it out to the women. They smiled and bowed.

Lex returned to her tent. Thomas was waiting nearby. "That was thoughtful." He stated smugly. "The temperature will drop, they will freeze without the extra blanket and fire." She stated matter of factly. "Could have offered them your tent, mine sleeps 6." He looked at her. Lex frowned. "I do not think so." She spit, offended. She turned to enter her tent, when he grabbed her arm. "You don't have to be so mean." He said. Lex grabbed his hand and pulled it from her. "Not mean, dismissive." She turned to enter her tent. She zipped up her tent and locked it.
Scar sat at the controls in a daze. An unblooded male, Nelkir entered the central command centre. He bowed to Scar. Scar acknowledged him. "Did you need something?" Scar asked with a touch of frustration clicking angrily. He tried to calm down. "New name Scar, I wish to speak to you about our challenge." He answered, trilled and clicked fearfully but confidently. Scar didn't have any patience for this. He thought of Lex. She would be disappointed if he wasn't helpful. He'd helped her survive. "Yes." Scar trilled. Communicating in his native language was a reminder that he was far away from Lex. "Is there, do you have any advice for me? I have trained for a long time. I am ready but want to be fully prepared." Nelkir clicked. "Be vigilant and fast. Don't turn your back for a second. The kainde amedha are the most cunning and dangerous creatures. You will be dead before you realize if you are not alert. Listen at all times. They are quiet but if you listen, you can hear them approach no matter the distance. Do not distract yourself with trophies, until you are certain it is safe and do not remove your bio-mask." Scar explained.