Safety Of Our Ways Part 31

1 hour and 9 minutes later....

Lex was out cold with Scar alongside her. Scar held her and she snored lightly. There was a screeching and a clawing. Scars eyes shot open. He focused and listened. There were black serpents near. He could smell a change in the air. He cautiously and carefully moved Lex to the sleeping bag and retrieved his armor. He suited up and readied his weapons. He placed Lex's items back in her pack and gently woke her.

She woke sleepily and disoriented. Scar motioned for her to remain quiet. She sat up slowly and folded the rest of her items and filled her pack, taking a second to find her balance. Scar helped her up. She stood next to him and held her combi-stick.

They both heard the screeching. They could faintly hear Holly yelling. Lex felt nervous. Scar picked up her pack and motioned for her to stand on the opposite wall. Lex followed his instructions and moved. They waited for several long minutes. Lex felt anxiety rising inside her..........the walls began to move and creak.

When the others were released and revealed. Fuldex and Derrick were fighting a black serpent. Out of nowhere a face-hugger flew across the room, landed on Reno and attached. Scar and Wikker both threw discs. Scars disc sliced the attached face hugger in half while Wikker's disc sliced Reno's torso in half, killing him and effectively killing off any implanted embryos. Holly screamed and Lex flinched in shock. Scar grabbed Lex and moved her behind him. Another face-hugger aimed for Holly, Scar used his plasmacaster to blast it away. Scar scanned the area, he targeted two more kainde amedha. He blasted them both. The burst of power released from Scars shoulder cannon caused Lex to fall to the ground holding her ears. Scar scanned the chamber and didn't see any signs of the creatures. He turned to lift Lex up. Fuldex, Nelkir, Wikker, Derrick, Holly and an injured Thomas ran towards the exit. Scar and Lex led the way.

They reached what looked to be tunnels that twisted into catacombs. This area was odd shaped. They would need to climb. Scar surveyed the structure. Scar clicked and trilled to the young blooded. Scar reached for Lex, he picked her up and hoisted her up the ledge. Lex grabbed on and pulled herself up and over. Scar would carry her pack. Scar reached for Holly. She initially recoiled. Scar groaned and looked to Lex. "Holly please, we have to climb!" Lex told her. Holly nodded. Scar reached for her and hoisted her up, Lex reached for her arm and pulled her over. Fuldex climbed up and reached down to Derrick, pulling him up with one arm, he reached for Thomas and pulled him up and over the ledge. Scar, Nelkir and Wikker all climbed up. They positioned themselves against the wall and walked along the ledge.

Scar knew this route from studying the schematics and layout. He led the way. They walked along the dimly lit catacombs. Scar saw an opening to a cavern that would put them closer to an exit. He pulled out the hologram of the pyramid, he motioned for everyone to enter except Lex. He stopped her. He clicked to the three young blooded and ordered them to start removing the falling boulders and rocks.

"The exit is not too far pass the blocked entryway." He explained to her. "How do you know so much about this place? How did you get the hologram of this pyramid?" She asked intrigued. "Yautja built the pyramids, every pyramid on Earth was built by Yautja or bricklayers under Yautja rule in 2996 BC." He told her nonchalantly. Lex's mouth dropped open. "Wait, what? Sebastian was right? He was telling me the truth. Yautja once ruled Earth...... Scar, there are rumors of tourists, guides and some natives going missing and never being seen again. There are kainde amedha here. Those creatures can not reproduce....multiply.....without a host, right?" Lex asked thunderstruck and utterly stunned. "Yes" He said plainly. "You kidnap humans and bring them here to be sacrificed?.......Scar!" "The tradition of some of the locals have remained in place. A small group of natives. Some ooman poachers, kidnappers or trespassers have been taken, others have freely given their lives and willingly entered the sacrificial chambers for honour. I can explain at a later time." Lex was disgusted.....disappointed.....conflicted.

"When you exit, please, Lex, please head straight to the cabin. I want you safe." He clicked and pleaded. "When I exit? I'm not leaving here without you!!!" Lex told him frustrated. "Lex, please. I can not leave. There are more kainde amedha here. We must defeat them all or destroy the pyramid to eradicate any left that we can not kill or if we are overrun. Please. I will come for you! I will meet you at the cabin. It will be no longer than 5 cycles. Please! I beg you!" He spoke sincerely but urgently. Lex was plagued with sorrow. She shook her head no. He pulled her to him. Out of sight of the others, he removed his mask and kissed her. Grazing her face with his mandibles. She latched on to his tongue and sucked. He touched her all over. Squeezing her bum and her breasts. He touched her thighs and rubbed her cunt. He forced his hand into her pants. Up and down he stroked her until he cupped her tightly, coating his fingers in her wetness and grazing her opening. He pushed his middle finger inside of her, causing her to quietly moan. He inhaled her scent. She touched his shoulders and rubbed herself against him. Grabbing handfuls of his tendrils and pulling. He held her to him. He broke from their kiss and reluctantly pulled his hand from her. He gazed at her. "Please, forgive our ways. It is what we know. Please...I will return to you. Please get to safety." He implored. She simply nodded.

Scar replaced his mask over his face and they entered the cavern. Derrick, Nelkir, Fuldex and Wikker were busy at work removing rocks and lifting away large boulders. The newly blooded were taking turns observing and checking the area for any signs of the creatures. Scar went to work assisting. Lex and Holly comforted one another. Lex was growing distraught, she was unhappy with this course of action and the revelations. She started to pace.

She kneeled down, reached into her pack and pulled out a bottle of water. She began to drink when Thomas ripped the bottle from her hands. She jumped to her feet, she wanted to shout and scold him but that would draw attention to Scar.....