Apprehension and Revelations Part 5

Scar opened the door, they entered and he carefully closed it shut. He didn't want to release her. He rubbed his hand along her back and she shifted in his arms. She was relaxed. He gently placed her feet on the floor and she stood in front of him before taking a step back. She looked up at him.

"How did you survive?" Scar looked around and back to her. He didn't like his speaking voice but he needed to communicate with her. He'd studied for months. "I cut the gestating kainde amedha from my stomach before it could burst from me, killing me in the process." Lex looked shocked, "you were infected? How did you know to do that? Is that what those creatures are called?!!!" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes" He clarified. "I did not know, I did what I thought was optimal to survive." He told her clicking.

Lex shook her head. "Why did you find me?" She asked quietly. "I needed to know you survived and were well." Scar wanted to touch her. Her scent and mouth beckoned him. "Why?" She asked.

"You are important to me." He answered. He wanted to tell her the depth of his feelings. After his recovery he was regarded as a blooded warrior and of higher rank for killing a queen kainde amedha and surviving. Scar had reached a status of legend due to him becoming impregnated by the facehugger and cutting the infant kainde amedha from his body, thus saving himself. A feat that had never been known or tried. Many of the unblooded males wanted to hunt and train with him. They worshipped him and tried without fail to impress him.

Females were now attracted to him and had on many occasions tried to entice him and seduce him. Some were aggressive in their pursuit of him. After a successful hunt, it was customary to partake in mating with females or it was decided that blooded males would take a life partner and sire offspring. None of this interested him. All Scar could focus on was his recovery, communicating with Lex and earning more trophies. He wanted more kills to achieve more honours. He wanted respect, this respect was loaded because it was truly to gain such favour, leadership, rank, respect that when and if he found Lex he would take her as his life mate and no one, not even the Elders could ridicule him for his decision. Yautja males and human females were not unheard of. It was extremely rare but there had been a few couplings where it was accepted.

"Why?" Lex asked. Scar took a deep breath before removing his mask. He hated that he looked so different from her species. After removing it, Scar dropped his head and his eyes. He felt vulnerable without his mask. His hair fell over his shoulders. He heard her timidly approach him. He kept his eyes lowered. His mandibles clicked in his nervousness. He took another deep breath. Lex approached him, placing one hand on his chest and the other under his chin. She was starved for his face and his eyes. She needed to see his eyes. She lifted his face but his eyes remained lowered. She waited patiently. Her thoughts were running rampant. 'How could someone so powerful look so terrified.' She thought.

"Scar" Lex spoke softly. He looked at her and tilted his head. "Scar?" He asked confused.

"I'm sorry. It's my name for you, I never learned your name. May I know your name?" "There are no words in the English language to translate my name into." He explained to her. "I see......." Lex remarked. "May I call you Scar?" Scar shook his head yes. "Thank you.....Scar, will you please tell me why you're really here? Why I'm important to you?" Scar regarded her and his heart began to race.

"I have thought only of you since I awoke from.... surgery." He thought hard, concentrating to find the right words. "I care for you." Scar said solemnly. Lex smiled, "I care for you as well, I'm beyond ecstatic and relieved to see you here. To have you standing here, I cannot describe my happiness." She told him beaming. "I am happy to see you as well. I can only think of you. I am in constant need of wanting to be near you. Being here has filled me with such......relief and gratification. I..... prayed to Paya that I would see you again........I want you." He whispered. Lex's breath hitched. She was tongue tied.

"Why?" Lex asked baffled. It seemed to be the only word she knew this day. "You are my equal, you fought bravely, you saved my life and I have great affection for you." Scar admitted. Lex was motionless. Her hand was still on his chest while the other hand lightly touched his chin.

She had absolutely no words.