Decimation Part 34

Scar went to work removing the remaining rocks. Lex went to Holly and Derrick. She shook them both awake. They were weak and their heads would hurt but they were alive. Holly woke slowly. Derrick was in and out of consciousness. The fighting subdued outside the cavern. Lex went to her pack and pulled out water. She looked over to see Thomas's corpse on the ground, mutilated! Lex gave a bottle to Holly and she took small sips. Holly poured water into Derrick's mouth. He sputtered and choked but eventually took deep breaths and woke. Nelkir and Fuldex returned to the cavern with Wikker following behind.

The exit was finally unblocked. The three blooded led the way with Holly and Derrick following behind. Scar grabbed Lex and hugged her. He grabbed her pack and they ran through the exit into the passageways. Lex could smell fresh air. Scar checked behind them. No sign of the creatures. They ran into another low cave that revealed a small crawl space. None of the Yautja would fit through. Scar brought up the schematics and it displayed a wall that led to an exit. Lex looked to Scar. This is where they would part.

Nelkir lowered himself to the ground. He positioned his plasmacaster into the crawl space. It blasted a hole through and light was revealed at the end. Nelkir looked into the crawl space, no sign of the creatures or face huggers. Fuldex motioned for Holly to crawl through, followed by Derrick then Lex. Scar stood behind Lex. He trilled softly and touched her shoulder. Nelkir, Fuldex and Wikker turned to Lex, she was dirty, covered in blood and fierce. They bowed to her, showing her respect. They each shook her shoulder. She'd fought bravely, killed two kainde amedhas singlehandedly and protected them all. She was worthy of the marking Scar branded upon her cheek. Nelkir stepped forward and presented her with a kainde amedha mouth and what looked to be vertebra from a tail. Lex deduced these trophies were from her two kills. She accepted them graciously. Scar squeezed her shoulder, he handed her the pack and helped her down to the ground to crawl out. She turned to look at him, took a deep breath and entered the crawl space.

Lex crawled for several feet. When she emerged at the end of the space, Holly and Derrick were waiting for her. They pulled her up and ran for the jungle. Nelkir watched her exit and saw her take off with the others. They all stood back and Scar blasted the crawl space. Bricks, rocks, rubble and boulders collapsed, blocking the exit. The four Yautja pulled up schematics and headed back to kill every kainde amedha still roaming the chambers.

Lex, Derrick and Holly ran until their legs gave out. Lex wasn't tired but she had to stop and allow Holly and Derrick to rest. Lex remembered the route they took for the trek. "We have to keep moving. I know you're tired and I know you want to rest, nonetheless, we need to put distance between us and those creatures. Both of you should stay awake due to your head traumas anyway." Lex told them. "What the hell happened back there? What were those things? We need to call the authorities!" Holly shouted. "Are you insane? Who do we call!? I'm a marine and I can assure you, there is no force on Earth that could truly do anything about this situation." Derrick told her. "We....... we have to do something, Everyone is dead. How do we explain this? We loss EVERYONE! Their families will worry and want answers!" Holly insisted. Lex looked nervous and she felt uneasy. "Holly, no one on Earth could do anything about what happened back there." Derrick shouted. "Let's move." He commanded. Lex followed right alongside him.

Holly followed behind them. "Listen......we can not just leave. What will we say?" Holly asked. "WE LIE!" Derrick thundered. He paced and stopped. "I am NEVER mentioning this experience to anyone. If there is one thing the armed forces taught me is that you know when to cease the truth. Bury it. Holly if you mention this to anyone, no one will believe you. You will end up in a psych ward or held in a government facility, where you will be questioned, examined and studied. Your reputation will be destroyed and your credibility will be shattered. You may never see your family again. It's ass backwards but it's the unfortunate truth." He told her. Holly looked to Lex. "I have to agree with Derrick." Lex told her.