Their Arrival to one Another Part 4

Lex stood in thought leaning against a tall tree. She was content but lonely. She often felt empty. The lake was still and it was eerily silent. She decided to walk more before noticing that she didn't hear a sound. Artic fox, caribou, woodpecker.....not a sound.

She thought it strange. Usually she heard animals, even if the noises were faint or distant. Today she heard nothing. She turned and walked a bit more. The snow softly crunched under her feet.

Upon walking further she noticed that her footfalls didn't crunch. Instead the imprint surrounding her boot dwarfed hers. She glanced around and noticed many more footprints. Lex stared, rooted into place. She noticed many more footprints. Her heart began to race. She'd been here for 8 months and she hadn't had one visitor. On occasion a ranger would drive through but they rarely exited their truck and besides this footprint couldn't belong to any of those rangers unless they wore a size 17 or 20 shoe. She froze staring.

Trying to understand what she was seeing. Upon bending down and placing her hand inside of the footprint she heard a crunch behind her and a soft trilling. The trilling turned into clicks and Lex felt her body tense in fear, anticipation and desire. She stayed lowered to the ground before finding the courage to stand and turn around.

Scar

Lex turned and saw nothing behind her. She let out a shaky breath and lowered her head thinking she was going mental. The trilling continued softly. She slowly looked up to see the figure reveal himself through his shimmering cloaked shield. Her heart stopped. Scar trilled once more and spoke.

"Lex".....

Lex drew in another shuddering breath. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Scar was here. He wore his mask, with the same marking branded upon her cheek. He had many more adornments from his battles and armor covering him. There hung from him a long black and gold cape off to his right shoulder. He was taller. His hair had grown an inch longer. He looked regal. She stared in disbelief. Wide eyed and slack jawed, it wasn't until the cold started to freeze her teeth did she close her mouth and lower her head while taking in deep breaths! She looked at him and asked him quietly, "what are you doing here? How...how did you find me? You survived?"

Scar looked into her eyes through his mask and replied "I needed to find you." Lex went blank and thought, 'he can speak!??' Scar stood staring at her. Remembering how beautiful she was and seeing her beautiful face again. He spoke "tracked you. I lived, had to survive." Lex listened. She didn't have words. Scar motioned towards the cabin "cold." Lex looked at him and asked, "are you cold?"

"No, you are cold." Scar answered. For the first time Lex realized she was cold, nearly freezing and she was shivering. Her insides felt like they were having spasms. She imagined her lips had turned a bluish colour. She nodded but didn't move. Scar looked at her. He stepped towards her and stood right in front of her, looking down at her. She looked up at him, wishing she could see his eyes and she realized he was as tall as the trees.

Scar reached for her. Placing his hands around her waist. He was strong. She wondered if he knew how strong he was. His touch was gentle but still he gripped her firmly. Scar lifted her up and carried her towards the cabin. Lex rested her hands on his shoulders. He was colossal. His arms were around the back of her knees. He walked briskly. Lex felt a sense of dizziness and euphoria. She was incapable of speech. She was tense but instantly felt the need to be closer. She felt hot. Scar felt tension along her body, he purred trying to calm her. He quickly felt her relax and her scent filled his senses. He subtly slowed his steps.

Lex was starting to feel warm all over. She adjusted herself and managed to wiggle her way down enough to wrap her legs around his waist. Her legs couldn't interlock completely but they touched enough to keep her in place. Scar almost halted his trek entirely. He looked down at her briefly and continued on. His hands were around her waist. He took his right arm and unconsciously hefted it under her bottom while his left arm held her tightly to him. Lex found herself in a daze. She rested her head on his chest armor. He smelled of Birchwood, rain, mint and rosemary.

They finally reached the cabin.