Clarity Part 47

Morning shined in through the cracks in the curtains. Scar woke and listened to her breathing. He felt such peace. Lex woke feeling groggy. She turned and caught his eyes. He stared at her. She moved to lie on his chest. "How are you feeling?" Scar asked her. Lex sighed. "I'm ok...I want to bathe." She said. He took a deep breath. She stood up and leaned down to kiss his forehead.

Scar plugged in his gauntlet to charge it and paced. He decided to stretch and work his muscles while Lex showered. She stood under the water for over 15 minutes, transfixed by her ring. She held her necklace and she thanked God he had returned. Her body was a bit sore. She washed her hair and tried to calm herself, she was nervous and a bit on edge. Lex went to her bedroom and dressed in a graphic tee and jeans. Scar finished and stood listening for her. She walked to the living room and Scar was there standing at full attention. "Do you want to shower? Are you hungry?" "I will shower. I am not hungry." He said to her. "Ok..." "Thank you for dinner." He said clicking. "You're welcome." She said quietly. He took the pouch from his armor and walked to her, he held her and he felt tension along her body. She hugged him and sighed. "You shower and I'll straighten up." He studied her and nodded, then walked to the bathroom. Lex collected their dishes and took them to the kitchen.

Scar leaned against the shower wall, cramped and worried. He felt a disconnection from Lex. He thought maybe she didn't want to marry him after all. Yautja did not marry. They were hunters. Taking such lengths for a mate was not a priority or necessity. Yet he felt that he would perish if they weren't together. He lingered for a while longer. He washed himself and tried to understand why she seemed upset and distant. He finally exited the shower and dressed.

Lex gathered all of the pots and dishes and began to wash them. Her mind was in a daze, staring at her ring. She tried to enjoy this time with him but the anxiety was making her feel fretful. As she began to stack the washed and dried plates, Scars gauntlet chimed an alert. Lex dropped the plates to the floor. It caused a loud clatter and the plates broke into sharp jagged pieces. Lex bent down to try and clean up the broken glass. She cut her fingers and her feet stepped on small pieces, embedding the glass in her soles. Blood was everywhere. She began to cry....her emotions finally erupting to the surface.

Scar heard the glass shattering and ran to her. Lex was on the floor trying to pick up the broken pieces. Her fingers were bleeding and her feet were bloodied. "Lex!!!" "I dropped the plates. I'm just trying to clean the mess." She said through wracking sobs. Scar reached for her hands, they were scarlet and oozing blood. "Please stop. Allow me to do this. You are hurt." "I'll be fine." Scar looked at the blood and roared. Startling her. She flinched and froze. His mandibles flared, opening wide, his mouth opened to reveal his tongue. His breathing was erratic. He stood, reached down and gathered her in his arms. He carried her to the bedroom and sat her on the bed. He turned on her bedside lamp. There was very little natural light peeking through the curtains. He kneeled and lowered his head over her lap. He was fuming. His body shook and his tendrils trembled.

Lex's fingers were covered in blood. Her feet....blood began to drip onto the floor. Scar saw the blood and he stood up, his eyes lowered to her. He walked to the bathroom and wet a washcloth. Lex sat still. He returned and wiped her feet as best as he could. He used his nails to remove a few pieces of embedded glass. He cut his tongue on his fangs and licked her soles. Coating her in his blood. Lex watched him as he wiped her fingers. They were drenched in drying blood and she felt pain. He pulled her hand to his mouth and licked her fingers clean. They continued to bleed. Lex could feel her feet healing. Scar cut his tongue again and drew blood. It flooded his mouth. He pulled each of her fingers one by one into his mouth and coated the cuts with his blood. Her fingers glowed green.

Scar sat back on his haunches and looked up at her. Lex appeared distraught. She didn't want to talk. Scar began to speak to her but Lex stood and made to leave the room. Scar stood instantaneously, he grabbed her arm but she snatched away. "I need to clean up the mess." She said walking to the door. Scar marched passed her and slammed her bedroom door. Effectively blocking her exit. She started breathing deeply.