Chapter 1.

Childhood to some was the sticky green grass itching against their dainty little feet. The sound of crisp autumn leaves grazing along the ground as they ran through them in a haste: laughing and playing mindlessly without a care in the world. Fun. Games. Laughter. 

To me, my childhood was him. The way his high-pitched laugh would drown out the noise of the other kids playing; even louder than the sound of car horns honking on the free way. Childhood was his sweet angelic smile as he watched me try and climb the same tree for the fifth time in a row; until he finally gave in and helped me up. It was our secret hideaways, our inside jokes and playful banter. The way his crystal blue eyes would watch me in awe when I would show him my latest ballet routine. Repeating the routine until it was perfect, or until I persuaded him to join in. My childhood was us.  

My childhood was the boy who would teased me that little too much. The kid who'd hold me tighter than anyone I know, feeling safe and free in his embrace. It was the boy who'd make me laugh till I would cry. My childhood was the curly haired boy with dreams for the future so bright and big, he convinced me anything was possible. When in his presence he could truly make me believe anything was possible.. Flying to space seemed like something I could achieve when my best friend was by my side. 

A childhood without a fathers love,  without family stability into my teen years no longer mattered when he was around. Even with a wonderful mother who loved too much she worked even harder, a lone child without the joy of siblings with him by my side I felt like the happiest little girl. I didn't have to grow up too quickly, I could dream big and love fast. 

My childhood was Chase Albert Beckett. My Chase

*******

Something between UsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara