Chapter 5.

Miss Lenkins loves the first day of the School year, each year she has the exact same expression on her Miss Honey like face.
"Welcome to Senior year," she smiles "I bet third period in you're already sick I hearing that."
She laughs looking around the classroom, scanning our faces individually.
"You all look refreshed and ready for one final year of fun."
The class begin to cheer at the thought of this being our final run in the game that is High School.
"Settle down, I still have you for a few months, so reign in some of that exciting for now."
Miss Lenkins light brown hair rests just above her shoulders smile lines engraved around her dark brown eyes.
"This year is all about," she motions her hands around the room, "you" her eyes glisten.
"I want you to make it count, forget the past just focus on the now. Fill your final months at Griffins High with laughter, hard studying and fun."
She sigh, "just please make the most of it because it's over too fast."
 The sincerity in her voice keeps the whole room silent, latching on to her every word.
"So," she claps her hands excitedly, "to mark the best days of your life I thought I would revolve this years assignment around that. Something fun and insightful to spend your time doing," "awesome Miss," a teachers pet yells from the front of the classroom.
"I want to know who you think you are. Answer the questions; What does High School mean to you? What has been defining moments of your High School Experience?"
A couple of groans fill the room Miss Lenkins just laughs a little accepting that mid-teens won't find the idea of expressing their inner selves fun.
"Do you have a specific writing style in mind?" I ask being the overly enthusiastic student I have been since freshman year.
"Actually no Ally, I don't," she surprises me with her level of laid back.
"I want this to be unique to you, I have no preference on the style. I just want something creative; whether it be a short story, poem, letter, and so on. You have free reign over how you choose to do this. Think about it properly."
"I want this project to blow me away." She smiles mischievously at us.
"I'm giving you till the end of the school year to put together a show stopper, however, there is a small catch."
Our teacher pauses I'm sure for dramatic affect.
"This is a paired project and before anyone asks, pairs have already been chosen."
"Oh come on Miss, you've taken all the fun," I turn to see Lola sat behind me putting on her best puppy dog brown eyes I can't help but laugh at her.
"Yes Lola, that is the point." Miss Lenkins mocks.

As the pairs are called I listen as some of my classmates complain about the pairing while others rejoice in relief. I look around to see who is left to be called, patiently waiting for my name to be said.
At first impartial, I get along with everyone so I didn't mind who I'm paired with. That is until my emerald eyes look around the room and notice that there are not a lot of people left to be called. Chase, being one of them.
Lola still hasn't been called yet, I tell myself to calm the nerves that have suddenly built up inside of me.
A reason unknown to me has my eyes fixated on his silhouette; familiar yet so foreign to me now. I watch his fully black vans tap the classroom floor anxiously; is he as nervous a I am?
My gaze is locked on his messy dark waves his side profile allows me to see his strongly defined stubble jaw, he's tense.
I still haven't looked away and I catch a glimpse of his hands coming up to his hair line running his hands through his dark brown locks, resting his palms around the back of his neck. He's worried. I know him-knew him.
I try not to think about Chase, but my mind doesn't cooperate, as my mind wanders to how tight his white t-shirt looks hugging his muscular back; my eyes go wide when did he get ripped.
My mouth is wide, I'm like a drooling puppy dog waiting for food, when did he become a model. His head snaps in my direction showcasing his annoying beautiful chiselled face. My body jumps slightly as our eyes connect for what seems like the first time in forever.
I become lost in the pools of his bright blue crystal eyes. I am certain he felt my eyes piercing into the back of his head; unknowingly desperate to be face to face with his breath taking face. His eyes locked with mine remind me of what it once felt like to have him look at me in a way that only Chase can. That is the past, I repeat to myself; I'm brought back into the room when I hear what I have been dreading.
"Ally and Chase." My mouth falls open.
I only heard our names in the same sentence but that's enough to know.
Chases hands ball into fists by his side, you can see the blood rushing away; clear emphasis on how tight his grip must be.
"Great. Just great," I hear him mutter through gritted teeth annoyance transparent. My heart drops slightly at his blatant rude and cruel remark; rather than letting him see me hurt I do what I know best; be a sarcastic little bitch.
"Hey, I'm not thrilled about being stuck with you either," I utterly inside I'm raging but I try to save face and stay cool.
The rest of the classroom fills with laughter, "damn Chase you lucky guy. I'll swap."
I giggle, comments like this usually embarrass me but watching Chase squirm makes me a little satisfied I can't lie.
When the bell chimes each pairing seem to acknowledge the other.
Chase however, looks straight through me, rolls his eyes grabbing his jean jacket before fleeing the classroom,  leaving me feeling empty and confused.