Chapter 17.

"Do you want to go somewhere with me?"
I'm half shocked, its ten thirty, we've just ate our body weight in pizza and I'm content cuddled in bed with him, but I'm also excited. Late night adventures with Chase have always been special.
I nod hastily, "yes."
I can't even mask the excitement in my voice.
"Cool, let me just clean this up."
He gestures to the food box still on his floor.
"Can I wear one of your hoodies?" I say grabbing his light grey pull over before he can even agree.
I pull the hoodie over my head, I'm wearing a black tshirt dress and the hoodie practically covers the dress so now it looks like this is all I'm wearing.
Chase inspects me for a moment and smiles.
"Looks good on you."
I curtsy, "why thank you Sir."
He shakes his head laughing at my dorky side.
Once we're all cleaned up he rolls his eyes at my lazy ass lying back down on the bed. 
"Come on then."
He instructs grabbing a jean jacket from his wardrobe and I follow him mindlessly to wherever he wants to take me.

When it comes to Chase I will follow him anywhere. Without so much of a second thought.
When we were kids he would get these crazy ideas in his head and he would have to show me the place his mind was set on.
It didn't matter where it was, or what it was; he could think of anywhere and I would follow him without hesitation.
I just wanted to be part of his world, I wanted so much to jump into that bright and wonderful mind of his and see the world how he would see it.
Which is why, when he asked me to go somewhere with him I agreed without a second thought. "Are you warm enough?"
Chases crisp voice breaks through my thoughts.
I smile reaching for his hand, our fingers interlink and he strokes my knuckles.
"I'm toasty."
We're peacefully silent the rest of the walk. The kind of silence you pray to have where you're reading a good book, while your partners reading the news paper. Content enough in each other's company to be blissfully silent.
"What are you thinking?"
Chase asks me, his finger tips are still makng shapes on my hands.
"That I literally follow you anywhere."
I laugh resting my head on his shoulder. He plants a kiss on my head and comes to a stop.
He turns me to face him.
"I never want that to change Al,"
"It won't" I tell him honestly.
"I mean it, I'll follow you if you follow me..."
My heart is racing his words hold so much truth and meaning.
I'm finding it hard to believe the sudden U-turn will last but I'll enjoy it for as long as I possibly can.
"Always."
I promise and this night time promise holds so much meaning. I mean it with everything I have.
I will follow this boy to the end of the earth if he wanted me too.
The location becomes familiar as we progress closer to Chases chosen beauty spot.
When I gather my bearings I start to realise where he wants to take me and part of me isn't quite ready to face the place where everything changed between us.
"I'm impressed, you haven't complained your feet hurt once."
Chase laughs, nostalgia clear in his eyes.
"Not tonight," I let go of his hand and run past him to take the lead.
"What's taking you so long," I tease.
Before I have chance to catch my breath from running up the grassy hill, I realise we've reached the top.
"Wow," I breath taking in the view.
Our town is dimly lit with the night sky scattered with stars.
"The view never gets old."
Chase is behind me now, he wrap his arms around my small waist holding me close.
We're both facing the edge of the hill overlooking our little town.
I subconsciously lean back into his embrace, his head now nesting in the crease of my neck and I wrap my arms around his that are circling my body. I feel safe here, exactly where I belong.
"I'll never forget that night Al," he sighs.
"I'll never forget any moment we shared."
Chase gave me everything, from love, to friendship, and even family.
But he took it away from me, he was cruel and cold from nowhere.
Yet here he is slowly opening himself to me all over again. Only this time feels deeper and more honest.
I tilt my head back wanting to be closer to him, it's like he's finally gave into the magnetic pull between us and relief washes over me hearing the words I've always wanted him to say.
"I'll hold them in my heart forever Chase."
He tightens his grip around my waist and I turn around to face him.
Our bodies dangerously close.
"What does all this mean Al?"
Chases is just as confused as I am. We're stumbling through this together trying desperately to work out what's right for us.
We've spent time apart. There's so much hurt there that I know we should really work on a friendship first and I should address my turmoil of a relationship with Tate.
But, being with Chase everything just falls into place, as if no time has ever passed.  t feels real. It feels right.
"I guess that's something we have to work out," I finally answer him.
"Together."
I tell him and I don't know what I'm expecting him to say but he doesn't say anything.
He tilts my face up to look at him with his index finger gently brushing his lips against mine, before brining me into his chest
He holds me close to him and sighs, "together." He likes the sound of that as much as I do.

We spend hours on the hilltop. Time is non existent when we're together.
I'm lying under the stars with Chase pointing out the brighter stars and Chase keeps pushing my hand out the way. 
Apparently my bony fingers are ruining the view.
I have no burning desire to head home I enjoy being wrapped up in Chases arms.
The grass is itchy on the bare legs but the annoying feeling is soothed by Chases hands stroking my upper thigh. 
"Why here?" I finally ask lifting my head off his chest.
I rest my head in the palm of my hands and Chase looks at me intensely.
"I come here a lot," he admits.
"I feel happy, closer to you when I'm up here, I guess I hated knowing you couldn't have that." He's frowning.
"I wanted to bring back the good memories. To remind you we had good times too..."
I sigh, "you come here still?"
I ask a little shocked.
"Of course," he seems surprised by shock at his sentimental side.
"I don't have any bad memories of this place Chase." I close my eyes reliving our time together.
"When I think of being here with you I feel," I pause, screwing my mouth shut for a moment.
"I feel happy."
He smiles a little leaning up to kiss me nose.
"It's what happened after..." 
He looks ashamed.
"I went to bed that night feeling like the luckiest girl in the world, then."
"You woke up to me pretending it didn't happen," he sighs, evidently regretful
 "You didn't just pretend it didn't happen Chase, you pretended I didn't exist in your world anymore."
Chases hands are on my cheek, he's face full of guilt.
"I always loved you and you told me you loved me too." The tears on my cheek burn my skin.
"We had sex and then you pretend that we never happened, that we were never friends," I shrug, He needs to hear this all, sober and straight thinking. 
"Will you ever tell me why?" I need to know.
"Will you ever forgive me?" I guess he's not ready to answer that question.
"I already have." I tell him.
It's true, I know Chase is sorry and for now that's enough. But one day he will have to tell me why.
"Now stop ruining the moment with this serious talk."
I'm bossy now.
We needed to have this conversation, but I am more than ready for it to be over.
For now at least.

Something between UsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara