Chapter 1

(Mask above) ☝☝

Gunshots after gunshots rang through the building. They're fucking under attack when I'm supposed to be killing their leader right now? Great, just fucking great! I jumped off the beam from the ceiling landing with a thud on the floor which I'm sure no one heard because of the commotion happening. The gunshots ceased and the place got eerily quiet making me lean against the wall. The power was completely gone but my eyes focused and I slowly made my way down the hall. I heard footsteps and looked around to find a storage closet which I immediately hid in.

I pressed my head against the door and closed it quietly and sighed when I heard the people walk right past it.

"Why the hell are you here?" the all to familiar voice said with the Italian accent, sounding annoyed.

I growled turning around to be face to face with a gun.

"Put that thing away stupid, we're on the same side," I said glaring at the darkness.

The moonlight shone in between us as we stood in the darkness on either sides of the small window.

"I still don't like you," he said stepping into the light revealing that all too familiar skull mask which we both seemed to like.

It covered half our face leaving our eyes and forehead exposed.

He stepped up to me putting the gun against my head making me chuckle. I had my gun in my hand and I slowly raised it and held it an inch away from his groin.

"I wouldn't do that dumbass," I said chuckling.

"But why? You always seem to show up at the wrong time," he said raising a brow at me.

"Because I'll blow your intestines out and quite frankly, I've been wanting to do that for a while now," I said cockily smiling although he couldn't see me as I pushed it against his stomach making him go oof.

"Fine, you win, now move that thing from my stomach before you shoot it off," he said chuckling making me chuckle.

"Drop the gun Diablo," I said making him sigh and drop it to his side.

"Good, now did you kill Martinez?" I asked putting the gun to my side.

"Yes, but his members are a problem," he said making me glare at him.

"Oh, did you want him? Hmm too bad I guess," he said sarcastically making me roll my eyes.

"Fuck you," I said walking to the door.

"Maybe next time, I need to get out of here," he said and I could tell he was smirking.

Diablo, I don't know who the hell the guy is but I know he's one of the best assassins in the world. The problem is people think we're the same person and everytime I see him, something always goes wrong with my job. All I know is he has ties with an elite mafia and I can't kill him and risk a war. The only person capable of killing him is me, or so they say. Last time I killed the target and we fell off a three story building trying to escape. Guess this time is payback for taking his target.

"Shut up, and this is the third floor, the face of this building is smooth, you can't go through that window," I said looking at him staring at the window.

"I know, I was thinking about throwing you out there," he said and his eyes creased making me know he was smiling.

"Don't give me ideas now," I said chuckling making him roll his eyes.

I turned back to the door and placed my ear against it. There were people walking outside.

"Lucifer?" He whispered in my ear making me elbow him.