Sasuke did not even bother to glance at the boy this time. 

"Different from here," he simply replied. 

"Oh..."

After that, Minato remained silent, not daring to ask other questions. 

They walked for a while outside, Minato absolutely having no idea about where they were going. 

Anyway, he ended up breaking the silence at some point. 

"Since you seem to know me, you must know who my parents are," he pointed out somehow sadly. 

And now Sasuke was feeling really guilty. He knew this time would have to come sooner or later, and had been trying to get ready for it; but now that it was happening it seemed that he did not know what he should do or say anymore. 

"......"

So he ended up thinking it was best for him not to say anything and ignore the boy's question. He was thinking it was not really his role and duty to tell him the truth about his parents. As long as Minato was still staying at the orphanage, he would have to remain as vague and secretive as possible. 

But he was feeling bad about lying to him and his being an orphan. He knew what it was like to grow up without parents and how it hurt (even if unlike Naruto he had known his parents..). But Minato still had his mother and a father, even though the man was not his biological father; and he could have had the chance to grow up with them. Sasuke didn't like that at all. What they had done was simply... Awful, but they hadn't really had a choice... And now it was way too late to go back into time and change things. 

Anyway, Minato wouldn't stay at the orphanage forever. 

"I'm sorry if I am bothering you with my questions, Sasuke-San," Minato said with a slight hint of disappointment and sadness in his voice, making said man start slightly; "I just...I'd just like to know more about my family..."

Sasuke side glanced at him again. 

"I know. But I haven't come to see you to tell you about that," he stated earnestly. 

"Right. I'm sorry." 

Sasuke seemed to be surprised by the boy's being so polite. 

Well, he himself had been raised like that, but usually other kids weren't that polite anymore, he had come to notice. So he guessed Kabuto had been good at teaching him that without being too strict. 

Or this was simply showing that he was an Uchiha too. 

"What about our clan though?" the boy still asked out of curiosity. 

"......"

The Uchiha man tensed at the mention of their clan. This was another thing Sasuke wasn't really eager to talk about; and he thought it was probably too soon to tell him everything that had happened in the past.

"I'll tell you about that later."

"Oh, okay."

Afterward, Minato remained silent until they reached their destination. 

They were near a river. 

"Why have we come here?" 

Sasuke turned around to face the boy. He stared at him again intently. 

He couldn't help thinking how much the boy had grown up since the last time he saw him, that is when he was still a toddler. And now he was nine years old. 

He guessed that Minato hadn't awakened his sharingan yet. But this wasn't a big deal. 

He would tell him about it once he awakened it, if he did. But he probably would sooner or later.