Chapter 42: Consumed

~Elsa's P.O.V~

Darkness consumed me. It's the middle of the night. My eyes were still open. Jack was still sleeping on the bed his back was facing me. I just sat at the floor with my knees pressed against my chest.

Why was this happening to me? I couldn't sleep. I looked at my hands I saw some Nightmare Sand coming out of the palms of my hands. I cringed in horror what was I becoming?

I stood up and stared at Jack. He shouldn't find out. I hate leaving him but I have to. I just wanted to protect him from me.

I love him so much so I let him go. I went out of my room and continued to walk through the dark hallways of the castle. I stopped for a moment when I saw Manny in the moon.

I stared at him for a few minutes before I continued walking. Everyone was asleep right now I was the only one who's still awake.

I could feel myself turning into something I don't know. I opened the gates with a blast of cold wind. I didn't look back as I started running through the darkness of the night.

It was cold and dark outside and I got nobody to love. I'm sad and alone. My shadow was walking behind me. The silence was a mystery to me.

My ice heels made a 'clank' sound as I walked deeper into the woods. I stepped on a few leaves that were on the ground.

There was no comfort out here but I stayed. I shouldn't be with them any longer. Look how I am right now. I don't want to hurt them like I did before.

This time it was different. They'll never find me because I won't let them. I just have to hide a little longer. I hope they still remember me now that I'm already gone.

The days are getting colder just like me. It's getting darker and so are my thoughts. Because things are different at night.

I winced in pain my body was hurting and I don't even know why. I saw a tree where I could rest for a minute. I pressed my back against the tree as I sat on the ground.

I closed my eyes and began to take a quick nap. After a few minutes, I was awoken from my nap.

A handsome young man asked me "I heard your scream from the pain that you were feeling a while ago. Are you okay?"

I stared at him for a moment before I spoke. He was tall and he had brown hair. He wore a plain white long sleeve shirt with brown pants and some shoes.

"Yes, I'm fine don't worry about me" I walked away from him. My body began hurting again. I screamed in pain. I was about to fall when he catched me.

He held me tight in his arms. "Let me help you" he smiled at me. I smiled a little but it vanished quickly when I remembered about how dangerous I was.

"Go away, I don't need your help" I said to him coldly. I got out of his grip and ran away from him. I was being chased by a handsome young stranger that wanted to help me.

I stumbled upon in the middle of a lake. My chest was rising up and down from all the running I breathed in and out. "Are you an ice queen?" the man asked me.

Without even thinking I answered him "Yes, I am". He continued to stare at me as he smiled. "I mean no harm, let me just help you" he stepped closer to me.

I stepped back a little. My feet were now inches from the deep lake. "Please, ice queen" he begged. "No, now leave me alone" I demanded.

"I don't want to leave you like this" he frowned. My mind processed the words that he just said to me. I stepped forward a little but I slipped from the wet floor boards that we were standing on.

His face became pale when he saw me that I was about to fall again. He wasn't able to catch me this time. What have I done? I regretted it. I fell into the deep lake. It was cold in there and I was scared.

I tried swimming up to the surface but the water of the lake pulled me deeper into the unknown. It's like you're screaming and no one can hear you.

~Pitch's P.O.V~

I watched her as she fell into the deep lake. The man was about to swim so he could rescue her but I didn't let him.

He gasp when I appeared in front of him. He looked frightened by my presence but he quickly shook it off. "Get out of my way, I need to rescue her" he sounded confident.

"You're such a dumbass" I smirked at him. "Look, I don't want any trou-" he said but I cutted him off.

He fell on the ground feeling unconcious because I punched him hard on his jaw. I swam into the deep lake to rescue her.

She was drowning. I held her tight in my arms as I swam up to the surface. I breathed heavily when I reached the surface.

I sat beside her as I placed her cold body on the wet floor boards. My jet black hair was wet even my dark clothes but I don't care.

I just care about her that's all that matters. I kissed her forehead before I carried her bridal style.

I placed her gently on top of My Nightmare as I got on top of it. "You're the only thing I want" I whispered in her ear. We travelled back to my lair using My Nightmare.