• 46 •

Avoided

After Hunter and the guys left I got the kids ready and made them a fruit parfait for breakfast then took them to school. I have also come to school not looking forward to seeing Hunter. I use to I think, it's because I had a friend even when he didn't know about me, I think. But even after he found out I still looked forward to seeing him and the twins everyday, now I kinda don't want to see any of them. My heart now pounds so fast whenever Hunter is near or when he is talking to me or even when our eyes meet and he gives me his infamous smirk.

So as soon as I got here I avoided them like they were the plague. Even though I know I have classes with all of them throughout the day. It's going to be hard but even though we sit right next to each other maybe I can ignore him.

I went to class early so I could be on my phone without others being in my business. I've enhanced my hearing since when Tyler decided to seek up on me. So when I heard some come in I quickly changed my phone screen from gang related messages to notes for this class.

I looked up to see Shan walk in, I released the breathe I didn't realize I was holding. "Hey Hope!" He walks over to my desk.

"Hey Shan, how are you?" I ask.

"Fine, a little tired from all the training, but doing great," he uses his finger to show how little.

"Yeah, just know it's going to get worse," his eyes bulge.

"Your not serious are you, I feel like I'm doing the most high level exercises," I chuckle and only nod my head.

"Yeah I'm serious cause if I, a girl, can do it so can you," I joke remembering when he said a girl couldn't be the leader and stuff.

"He told you about that day didn't he, like what I said and all," he looks away with a blush and rubs his neck, just saying he looks so adorable when he does.

"Yeah but I get it, everyone grows up thinking and being shown how men are bigger and stronger but never really taught that women can be just as or even more strong than a man," I shrug.

"Yeah, but I'm still sorry I disrespected you like that," I wave him off.

"I've been over that, I was just teasing ya," I smile then got an idea.

"Hey you want to sit next to me today?" He nods then sits in the seat on the other side of me next to the window.

We sat there and talked a little more before the bell rang and people started flooding into the classroom. People looked at me and Shan weird I guess since he was sitting next to me and is I guess pretty close to me. We continued to talk a little then I'm came Hunter and the twins who I didn't look directly at just I could see them from the corner of my eye.

I could see Hunter looking confused and the twins looked even more confused then Hunter who walks straight up to the middle of the table between Shan and I. "Hello Hope," he smiles then turns his head to Shan. "Hello Shan, would one of you explain to me why he is in my seat, but you know what just get out of my seat and all is forgiven," he says in a creepily calm tone.

"Why would I? I can sit where I like you don't own this desk Black," Shan says.

"Well I can quickly change that, so Hope," he turns back to me.

"Why don't you tell him to move so we can part ways peacefully?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Why would I do that, as he said he can sit where he pleases," Hunter just chuckles.

"Okay I see what your doing, avoiding me, but you can't do that forever we have a whole school year left and even then I know where I can always find you so let's stop the game your playing and tell him to move." Hunter stated lowly.