• 8 • Edited

WTH??!?

Walking into my house with Taco trailing in behind me, I hear bickering coming from the living room. Setting the ice cream down on the table I make my way to the living room and see Iris and Daniel arguing about whether or not squirrels should live underwater. They're watching SpongeBob, of course, it's one of the kids favorite besides Tom and Jerry it's also my favorite including Looney Tunes. What can I say I'm a kid at heart.

"Sandy belongs underwater with the others," Iris exclaimed to Daniel.

"No she does not, she breathes air, not water and what others? She is the only one that breathes air," was Daniels counter-argument.

"She deserves to be there just like the rest of them, she's the reason some of them are kind of smart," Iris did have a fair point, oh and don't worry she argues with him all the time.

While the two bickers Owen was just looking between them then his eyes landed on me.

"Mommy your home," Owen screamed while running to me while I pick him. Iris also runs over to me.

"Finally mommy your home daddy was being a meanie," Iris said while jotting her lip out into a pout while hugging my leg.

"I bet he was," I said smiling over at a taken-back Daniel with his mouth hanging open and a hand placed over his heart as though he is offended.

"But I know what will make us feel better, ice cream and a movie!"

Both the kids scream in excitement. "So how was your first day of first grade," I ask even though they are only five and they should be in preschool they already know a lot more than the average kid the principle there said the best he could offer was the first grade for now.

"Oh me first, I met these girls who are really nice and asked me to be in their group of friends," Iris said very excitedly, it was like she was going to burst. "Oh, and Owen met this guy that he thinks is cuter than the girls in our class. Of course, he wasn't talking about me, but yeah."

"Iris I told you not to say anything," Owen whined hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

"It's okay baby no need to be embarrassed about it," I said trying to make feel better. I never knew he liked guys, I'm okay with it I will always support them no matter what.

"You guys can tell me later but let's get to the ice cream before it starts to melt," Owen wiggles out of my grip and runs with Iris to the ice cream and start making their way to the movie room.

"Wow is all I can say, I can't believe we never noticed," Daniel said.

"Yeah but it's okay, we will always support him through it even if others don't," I said as I started to follow the kids.

"Yeah we will," Daniel whispered when we entered the movie room.

We set our ice down in the table and I make my way over to the controls. "So what movie are we watching tonight, I asked the kids.

"The little mermaid"

"Star Wars"

"Frozen"

I turn around and look at Daniel who the kids are also looking at with my eyebrow raised.

"What I never got to see if Elsa would get out the dungeon," he said dramatically.

"All three it is then, first is The Little Mermaid," after finding the movie I turn it on and press play after sitting down next to Daniel and the kids. We all cuddle together and eat our ice cream.