50. no hard feelings

Jamie follows me into the kitchen to get drinks, I point to the fridge "the lemonade is in there" he opens the fridge as I grab enough glasses for the adults and two juice pouches for the girls. "hey can I have a word?" he says behind me, I take the lemonade cautiously "um yeah" I turn back to the glasses and he stands besides me, I begin to pour "I just wanted to say that there's no hard feelings" I meet his eyes for a few seconds before pouring again "well I would hope so, i know there was something between us but" I pause and look into the living room where Daniel sat, he had a wide smile and was laughing at a joke my dad had said and I smile "but I've liked Daniel since the day I met him" I snap out of my daze and turn back to Jamie, Jamie looks at Daniel then back at me "I could say the same thing about you" he sighs but shakes his head "but i met someone else and she's great, i think you two will get along." I nod and grab the juice pouches and split the glasses between the two of us "great, no hard feelings" I say, he smiles "no hard feelings" we agree and walk back out to the living room, I hand my father his glass and Daniel his and place mine on the coffee table. I hand the girls their juice and opened them for them. they smile and thank me, I sit back down between my father and boyfriend. Daniel puts his hand on my back and leans in kissing my cheek "thanks for bringing me the lemonade" he whispers, I blush and smile "you're welcome". He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head, I giggle. he pulls away and winks at me before looking back to my father.

The rest of the evening flew by, my dad and Mr. Miller split the bill for dinner even after Daniel tried to convince him to pay. To my surprise my dad loves Daniel, I don't know if I was because he actually liked him or if he knew he wouldn't hurt me because of his family. Whatever it was, it was comforting. For once everything felt right, everything fell into place as if it was always like that. The relief I felt that night was something I haven't felt in years, my dad's face was bright and alive. My brothers laughter sounded so angelic, and my house felt like a home.

I went to bed besides him, cuddled into his chest with my hand in his hair while his was wrapped around my neck. I was at bliss.

next day.

I wake up with the bed besides me empty, I get ready and slip down the stairs. I hear their voices in the kitchen and I couldn't help but smile. "it sucks you'll be leaving soon, my family really enjoys you being around" my dad really liked Daniel and it made me happy, "I enjoy being around you guys too, Hallie is a special woman" there was a pause "I love you called her a woman and not a girl" I chuckle to myself, my dad knows I hate when I'm referred to a girl because "I've always been woman" I walk closer, careful not to catch their attention. "well she is a woman, strong, beautiful, smart. a woman, I'm just glad she walked into my life" they laugh together, "I see the way she looks at you, and the way you look at her" my dad says, my heart drops, "it's the same way I looked at her mother" I frown a little, "it's just she didn't look at me the same" I see Daniel pat my dad's shoulder. "your perfect woman is out there sir, I know she is. you're a wonderful man." my dad looks up from his mug and meets Daniel's eyes "I hope I find her before I go" he whispers, I feel a tug on my heart. I swallow down the tears that threatened to fall, "you will, I promise" Daniel says, I wait enough to let them both calm down before walking into the kitchen "morning!" I sing, my dad smiles wide "good morning sunshine" I hug him and he kisses my cheek, "good morning beautiful" Daniel smiles, I kiss his nose and make myself a cup of coffee sitting down on the opposite side of the table. "so any plans for today?" my dad reaches for his post it, "um, i need to get the paint for Sam's room today and that's it, would you guys help me paint?" I nod "yes let's do it" Daniel smiles at me "sounds like fun" my dad smiles between the both of us "okay we'll get ready to go, let me change into something more appropriate" he stands up snd leaves the table, I lean over the table towards Daniel "how'd you sleep last night?" he puts his coffee down and leans towards me "I love sleeping with you, it's always the best sleep" I blush "ditto" he chuckles and stands up holding his hand out to me "my lady" I take his hand and he kisses my hand before kissing my lips. just like always, butterflies, crazy.

We step into the morning sun, there was still dew on the grass and birds chirping. I breathed in the smell of the cool summer morning. it was calming, I open my dad's car and get into the drivers seat, I hate driving but I wasn't going to have my dad drive. My dad walks out with a smile on his face, Daniel sat in the middle seat in the back. "Menards or Lowe's? " I ask, my dad sits down closing the door "Menards" I nod, I turn on the radio and let country music play in the background. I grew up listening to it, my grandfather loved it, my dad not so much but after his father passed he grew to love it just as much as his father did. My dad hums along to the song as I pull out of the driveway, I glance back at Daniel who had the biggest grin on his face.

Recently I've noticed how much he stares at me, at first it made me intimidated but now it just makes me fall faster, he made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

🌻

sorry its short ily

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT, THIS BOOK REACHED 100K VIEWS OMG I CAN NOT BREATHE WTF