47. sunflower

Hallie's POV

I wake up to the morning light shining through the window, I slip out of bed careful not to wake up Daniel. I take a quick shower and got ready for the day, I walk into the room clean and dressed to find Daniel gone. Part of me was sad because I was hoping to slip back into the bed with him. We haven't spent much time together, granted i was here for Anna but I still would like to see Daniel. I was crushing hard on him, so hard that he was constantly on my mind. I've never let any guy stay on my mind this long, I feel so different then I'm used too.

I hear his laugh from the living room and I automatically smile, the boy doesn't have to do much to make me gush. I check myself one last time before walking out into the living room. Daniel, Jeff and Jack are sitting together on the couch while Anna, Keri and Gabbie sat at the kitchen table. Daniel looks up at me with a smile, I smile back before walking over to the girls. They greet me and I dive into their conversation, it was refreshing to speak about girly things, growing up in a home with only men made me feel alone sometimes even though my father tried his best to make it easier for me. That's why when I clicked with Anna and her mother so well I came over constantly, they answered questions I needed answered, they comforted me in ways no one else has and helped me a lot more than they realized. growing up without my mom was difficult but I know if she wasn't gone I wouldn't be as close as I am with this family as I am now. I love each of them to pieces and they've taken me in as their own and I couldn't ask for it to be any other way.

"here baby" Jack whispers into Gabbies ear, he hands her a water bottle and she smiles up at him "thanks" I smile at the two, their relationship was the cutest, Jack squats down besides her and rubs her belly. He begins to talk to her and Gabbie just watched with amusement. Keri had left the table and was starting brunch in the kitchen with the help of Jeff. Ann gets up "I'll be right back, I need to get ready for the day" I nod and she leaves the table, seconds later Daniel's in the seat besides me. "Good morning gorgeous" I blush "good morning dork" he smiles "dork? hm..I'll except that" I roll my eyes with a smile "how'd you sleep?" he shrugs, "I didn't get home til 2am, we stayed up late writing songs" he moves his seat closer "but you helped me sleep" he whispers, "I'm glad, what songs did you write? may I hear?" he tilts his head to the side "maybe one day, not yet. it's not perfect" I nod "fair enough" he smiles, he looks at my hand on the table then covers it with his own, I smile at them then look up to him "you're being sweet today" I joke, he rolls his playfully "I can be sweeter, turn on my charm" I smirk and raise an eyebrow "I'm intrigued" he laughs "as you should, I'm a pretty sweet guy. very irrestiable" I lick my lips, "prove it" his eyes fell to my lips, "very well" he stands "prepare to be swooned Hallie" I blush and cover my face from embarrassment, I can't  believe he said that out loud. Gabbie and Jack chuckle besides us, and I hear Jeff snicker "good luck Hallie, he's a go getter" Daniel bows obnoxiously, I shake my head "gosh you're so weird" he winks "you like still like me though" I roll my eyes "sadly" he sits down in the chair "ditto" I laugh, "you're the lucky one really" Gabbie chimes in "yeah Daniel, Hal's amazing" I turn to her with a smile, Jack chuckles "gabs is right, you're the lucky one Daniel" he rolls his eyes with a smirk "she is pretty amazing huh" I suddenly feel overwhelmed "okay too many compliments at once" they laugh, "you're all as equally amazing" gab places her hand on my shoulder, i wasn't saying it because they did. I was telling the truth. Everyone I've met were all amazing, I felt so welcome and I for in so easily that it didn't even feel like we've only been friends for a short while. It already felt like family which is so odd for me to say, I didn't and don't call many people family until now of course.

"my lady" he whispers into my ear, I smile and look at him "yes" he hands me a tiny note, I open it reading it, "after brunch with my family i will be taking you somewhere special, BUT I cannot tell you where. be prepared for the hot weather ;)" i look up at him and he winks, "whe-" he places his finger on my lips "it's a secret" I roll my eyes playfully, it was obvious we were going to be outside together but I didn't have clue where or what we are doing.

Daniel's POV

I drive her to a small forest preserve with a basket hidden in the trunk, it was just a simple date. i also got her flowers that she won't get until we find a spot, it's was hot outside but the breeze made it more barrable. I open her door and held out my hand to her, she grabs it with a smile "now can I know?" I shake my head and pop the trunk "guess" she laughs and grabs the small blanket to the side of the basket.  I grab the basket and slip my free hand into hers "it's obviously a picnic" she smiles, I nod "good guess" I walk her to the top of the hill and take the blanket from her placing it under a tree. She sits down and I follow placing the basket between us, I open it and pull out the flower that I placed inside of it. I handed her the flower and she begins to blush "it's a sunflower" she says, I nod "your favorite" she smiles wide "you remember?" I nudge her "of course I do" I felt myself blush and I smile wide. She took out her phone and put the sunflower up into the air and told me to smile. she took a picture of me with the sunflower "that's gonna be my lock screen" she  whispers to herself.

I take out the food I prepared and we sat together eating while we talked about life, it was so easy to talk with Hallie, we could talk for hours and never get bored. She was so easy to speak with, shes so open minded and down to earth, very understanding and knows her right from wrong. Everything i wanted in a partner, i decided to let her know that by the end of the night. To pour my heart out to her, i was ready, more ready than i expected to be. I just hope she says yes.

🌻

&👀🙊

i would like to apologise for my upload schedule that i don't seem to keep up with, I've tried to update once a week but school has been dragging me through the mud, im on homebound and i teach myself and it's difficult, although im senior it's hard to keep up because im graduating early and have to cram all my work in before December. so im very sorry, hopefully i can update next week too!! sorry for leaving you on a cliffhanger;)