8.keep it

Hallie's POV.

I slightly fangirled when I opened my phone.

Whydontwemusic, jackaverymusic, jonahmarais, corbynbesson, seaveydaniel & beautychickee followed you back..

I wanted to jump around in circles and squeal, yes I'm friends with Anna Seavey but ITS WHY DONT WE of course I'm going to freak out and the queen herself BEAUTY FUCKING CHICKEE?! I consumed myself as we hiked up the mountain. I've never met or even talked to any of them. Why would they all follow me back? Maybe it was Zach, or maybe it was Daniel and that's why he was "stalking" my page, he told them about me and they all followed me. Or I'm just overdramatic and they followed me because Anna's my best friend.

Daniel separated himself from the group and walked behind us all. I glance back at him and he kept his hands in his pocket, I frown when I realized I couldn't see his eyes because of the hat he had on. Anna and Tyler were in a deep conversation so I fell back with Daniel. "How's your day been?" He shrugs and looks ahead, his eyes shine "its been good, how's your day going?" I smile and cover my smile as if I was ashamed for some reason "its going.." He chuckles and looks at me. God Damn this kids eyes! "So why'd you come all the way back here?" I shrug and look ahead at Anna and Tyler who were still in deep conversation "well for one you seemed lonely.." He chuckles and I giggle slightly, continuing "secondly theyre in a deep conversation about something I wasn't paying any attention too" he laughs again. "And lastly I want to get to know you better" i smile at the last one and he looks up at me "I want to get to know you too" a smile creeps into his lips like he was trying to hold it back but he gave up and let it spread onto his face like butter on toast.

"So Hallie tell me.. What type of music do you listen to?" I fix my hat and answer "well I like pop music and hip hop, country's dope and r&b is everything" he chuckles "me too, but who's your favorite artist" I smile "probably Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran oh there's this one band I don't know if you know who they are but there dope" he slowly nods "what this boy band called?" I shake my head no "no Daniel its not a boy band, its a man band" his face lits up and he laughs catching the attention of Tyler and Anna. I ignore them and laugh loudly with him. "That was great" Daniel says through laughter. "Comedy gold!" I say and he chuckles.

Anna sends me a wink and I roll my eyes "you were talking about us right?" I nod "yes Daniel I was talking about why should we. " he smiles and struts the rest of the way to the top. "Woah" I breath out, I've been here so many times and it still amazes me. Anna hands me her phone and I smile snapping pictures of her and then Daniel and then Tyler.

The way down wasn't faster and it was getting chilly because night was falling. "Can I have your jacket" I ask Tyler. He nods then shakes his head "no. You know what no Hallie, you should have brought your own jacket" I stick my tongue out "rude." Daniel turns back and stops "you want mine?" Anna smirks and I shake my head "no Daniel its fine." He takes it off and hands it to me "for real here I'm fine" I take it and glare at him, he smiles "just put it on Hallie its fine" I giggle and pull the hoodie over my body. I was immediately hit with the scent of Daniel, he smelled so good. He was much taller then me and the hoodie fell just about mid thigh and it was so warm against my cold skin.

Daniel walked besides me and kept taking glances at me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and open up the contacts, I clicked my dads contact and told him where I was and I'd be home soon. It was late and of course it was Sunday so I had school tomorrow. The ride home was silent except for the music that played, Daniel sat in back with me. Tyler pulled into my driveway and Anna and him got out along with Daniel and I. I hugged them and began to take off Daniels jacket "keep it" he whispered then hugged me. His big warms arms wrapped around my small waist and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "Are you sure?" He nods and pulls away "yea, plus it looks good on you" he winks and steps back into the car. I wave as they pull out of the driveway and pull into theirs two doors down.

I walk in and see Sam passed out on the couch, my dad sat silently watching what was ever on the screen "hey dad" he takes his eyes off the screen "hey sweetheart, did you have fun?" I nod and hug him "I'm gonna get to bed, goodnight I love you "he kisses my cheek "who's the boy?" I raise my eyebrow "boy?" He points to Daniels hoodie "that's not yours and it smells like a boy" I smile sweetly "its Daniel, Daniel Seavey" he nods and relaxes when I say Seavey, "okay well goodnight then sweets I love you too" I nod and walk up the stairs. Was he not mad? I didn't even remember I had his hoodie on but once I said Seavey he was fine. I shrug and throw myself onto my bed, I don't want to go to school tomorrow at all.

I tried my best to fall asleep, it just wasn't happening. I tossed and turned for hours. I tried so hard to fall asleep but my mind raced with many different thoughts, thoughts of everything. Like my mom and school, I hate that my MIND wouldn't rest. After hours of it I finally fell asleep.

🌻